• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Aggressive I/O Mode in AnyDVD

neur

Could someone tell me what aggressive i/o mode does in AnyDVD and when to use it. Its the only function I have not been able to figure out...Thanks:agree:

Let me try to answer this in very simple words (and let peer or james punish me if I do not use the correct technical terms): the "aggressive I/O mode" has been the default mode in AnyDVD before we released Update 6.6.2.3.

Since then, the former "safe mode" is now the default mode, so, if you so want, AnyDVD is now set up with a muzzle by default, to avoid unwanted conflicts and issues.

While CloneDVD and many other products are perfectly compatible with the softer default mode, there might be some third party tools that still require the aggressive I/O mode and if such a product is detected, AnyDVD will issue a warning to turn on the aggressive I/O mode in the program settings.

Could someone tell me what aggressive i/o mode does in AnyDVD and when to use it. Its the only function I have not been able to figure out...Thanks:agree:

You could use the "right mouse button" help on the aggressive I/O mode checkbox.

That really explains it...Thanks very much for clarifying this for me....:agree:

where is the "aggressive I/O mode" checkbox? I can't seem to pull up any menus with SlySoft:bang:

Last edited:

"James" is right and a genius for the simple program function of the little Question mark in the upper right hand corner of the AnyDVD menu (left click once & carry it to any setting on the menu & left drop click to setting or right click in the setting or checkbox or area) and it will explain a good detail of every setting box in the menu. Even other areas that aren't a check box Like the "CSS Key Archive" where the keys are stored for each movie title. AnyDVD isn't just the best program there is for nothing, it is self contained technical reference manual, user guide, quick start manual...everything. If you can't find by the self contained help then you probably need help and read the forums before to see if the question was intelligently answered. It saves forum readers a lot of reading time. I hope I don't sound rude. I just learned about right clicking for the self contained help myself. Oh & "Aggressive Mode" ....If it ain't broke, don't fix it. They already fixed it in the AnyDVD History section by a setting warning you it may need the "Aggressive Mode" & to report any software that has conflicts with the mode. Good luck!

Last edited:
I too couldn't understand 'aggressive mode' until my trusty AnyDVD no longer worked. I tried everything including different drives, reinstalling, etc but to no avail. AnyDVD kept scanning for a disk forever. I think I must have installed a program that prevented it working but which one? I was resigning myself to not being able to use it again when I decided to try 'aggressive mode' and AnyDVD burst into life again.

"James" is right and a genius for the simple program function of the little Question mark in the upper right hand corner of the AnyDVD menu (left click once & carry it to any setting on the menu & left drop click to setting or right click in the setting or checkbox or area) and it will explain a good detail of every setting box in the menu.

As the dialog box after every AnyDVD update will tell you: A simple right mouse button click will do, too. (And it might even work better with some of the controls).

I too couldn't understand 'aggressive mode' until my trusty AnyDVD no longer worked. I tried everything including different drives, reinstalling, etc but to no avail. AnyDVD kept scanning for a disk forever. I think I must have installed a program that prevented it working but which one? I was resigning myself to not being able to use it again when I decided to try 'aggressive mode' and AnyDVD burst into life again.

Highly unlikely that changing this setting has anything to do with this problem (long scan). I'm sure it is only a coincidence. Change it back, I'm sure it will still work.

Highly unlikely that changing this setting has anything to do with this problem (long scan). I'm sure it is only a coincidence. Change it back, I'm sure it will still work.

I just had the experience; after trying more than 20 times to scan a disc without success, it just timed out every time, I checked "aggresive i/o" and it worked straight away.

Burning product?

I just had the experience; after trying more than 20 times to scan a disc without success, it just timed out every time, I checked "aggresive i/o" and it worked straight away.

And what program are you using to author/process after the scan to burn the blank? That would be good to know, really. 8)

Last edited:
And what program are you using to author/process after the scan to burn the blank. That would be good to know, really. 8)

Hi Frank,

I use AnyDVD together with software from Cinemar (DVDLobby) and play the result using ArrSoft MediaPlayer. I hope that answers your quetion? (I am not really a techno-guy, so I am not certain what "author/process means...)

Christopher

Another program needing "aggressive"

Hi Frank,

I use AnyDVD together with software from Cinemar (DVDLobby) and play the result using ArrSoft MediaPlayer. I hope that answers your quetion? (I am not really a techno-guy, so I am not certain what "author/process means...)

Christopher

Thanks. Some time ago we built a list of all the possible programs that could best work with "aggressive I/O/ set active. These all cause the message to appear for setting that. This one you mention was not on that list so James will have to add it as it obviously is not well-behaved. Please do us a favor and give us an "information" log zip for AnyDVD. Thanks.

1. Right click the little red fox icon in the lower right system tray and select "Create Logfile"

2. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file, a pop-up screen will appear.
Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".

3. Go to your My Documents folder and there you will see a zip file called
"Anydvd_Info_<xxxxxxx>.zip" (or something similar)

4. Attach that ZIP file to your reply via the paper-clip function. Thanks.

Frank,

I've same situation when I installed AnyDVD HD in my new Sony desktop. It prompts a warning of Aggressive I/O Mode which related to the preloaded Roxio products.

I've enabled the Aggressive I/O Mode in Program Setting and haven't test it yet.

As per your request, I will generate a log file for your reference.

Thank you so much for your help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.0_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks for the info

Frank,

I've same situation when I installed AnyDVD HD in my new Sony desktop. It prompts a warning of Aggressive I/O Mode which related to the preloaded Roxio products.

OK, that's cool. Roxio, however, was one of the first on the list and most users deal with this pretty well and thanks for mentioning it.

Back