• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

After setup CD drive disappeared

Marmot

Hello to you all!
I have been using Virtual Clone Drive for quite a long time on many PCs, but today I had a problem that I never had before: I tried to install VCD on a PC with OS Windows 2000; everything seemed to work, but after installation the CDrom drive had disappeared (and didn't appear even after I had uninstalled VCD) and I couldn't set any virtual unit.
Do you have any idea about how to restore the CDdrive; and have VCD working? And why did this happen?
Thank you!
Clare

Possible help

I am no expert at all, but im looking for help myself so thought I make the effort I mite get good karma lol. I'm prob bein too simple, but if you install VCD, then go to VCD Prefs in the Virtual Clonedrive file, theres a drop down menu for the number of drives you want to use, and perhaps it was for some reason disabled on yours...? Mite help. But not sure im afraid

Try to desinstall the primary/slave ide channel in the Device Manager (->IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers) and reboot.

Missing CDROM problems also

We found a similar problem, in a PC with two CDRoms. In Device manager the CDRW displayed as a red-X, indicating it was unavailable. We simply right-clicked the CDRW and chose "uninstall" then rebooted. The two drives appeared normally after the reboot.

(By the way, changing the number of Virtual drives does not help.)

Last edited:
Back