• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

after ripping a hd movie...

james.m

...how can i play them? pdvd doesnt want to know, it just doesnt play anything but it works fine from the original disk?

cheers:)

...how can i play them? pdvd doesnt want to know, it just doesnt play anything but it works fine from the original disk?

cheers:)

PowerDVD plays just fine for me if I point it at the directory which contains the HVDVD_TS and ADV_OBJ directories after choosing "Play HD movie from Hard disk"

it's just not working for me. ive only tried Constantine so far but it'll start playing then just stop. no video or anything:(

it's just not working for me. ive only tried Constantine so far but it'll start playing then just stop. no video or anything:(

PowerDVD version?

I'm having the same problem, but I wonder if it's because I have disconnected the Xbox HD DVD drive from my computer? Can anyone verify wether it is possible to play from harddrive when HD DVD drive is disconnected?

I'm having the same problem, but I wonder if it's because I have disconnected the Xbox HD DVD drive from my computer? Can anyone verify wether it is possible to play from harddrive when HD DVD drive is disconnected?
If the movie is on the HDD, you do not need the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive plugged in.

Thanks, Detroit, that's what I hoped for.
But the movie on the HDD just refuses to play. I ripped it on my desktop computer and then copyed it to my HTPC - do I have to rip on the same computer as I intend to play it on?

Thanks, Detroit, that's what I hoped for.
But the movie on the HDD just refuses to play. I ripped it on my desktop computer and then copyed it to my HTPC - do I have to rip on the same computer as I intend to play it on?

How do you want to play it? You must select the folder to play, not a single file.

yeayeah, that's the way I try to play them. I have tried everything at this moment, but it seems immpossible to play from hdd folder.

yep same problem. select the folder with pdvd, it'll go to a blank screen and just sit there doing nothing:(

Pdvd

yep same problem. select the folder with pdvd, it'll go to a blank screen and just sit there doing nothing:(

I have seen this problem with PowerDVD on both Standard and HD folders. Usually when it happens I shut down PowerDVD and restart it. Most of the time that works. Also as to HD-DVD's opening the folders takes a bit more time than you may be used to. I suspect that the slower your system and the less memory you have may also slow down the works. What are your system specs?

its not my system lol. i've got an overclocked e6600 conroe with 2gb of ram. as far as that goes its far more than capable of it, it just does nothing and stops when i try to play from a folder.

Nope, this can't be a hadware issue. It works on my desktop pc that has lower spec than my htpc. I guess the buggy PowerDVD is to blame, but I have uninstalled and installed it several times on my HTPC, but the problem continue....

I am beginning to hate PowerDVD. I just reconnected my Xbox HD DVD drive, and guess what - error messages! Code 8000FFFF! The I unistalled the damn thing and installed again. Same thing, 8000FFFF! uninstalled, turned off UAC, tryed to run setup in XP compatibility mode, etc etc. I get an error message at the end of the PowerDVD installation saying Windows Installer stopped to work, hrmph, but the installation of PDVD seems fine. Exept now I cant activate it - PDVD says it cant activate because I do not have administator rights! What a crappy program! total waste of money! I have now invested in the Xbox drive, powerDVD ultra and anyDVD HD - I shuld have bought a standalone HDDVD player instead!

Back