• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

After crash: no profiles listed anymore

mimamue

Hi,

I was running 4.1.0.8 for quite a long time without the need to update, and everything worked fine.

But now (I guess it was not GJ's fault, but just some other problem with my PC) GJ crashed right in the middle of the game, which was not yet the problem...

The PROBLEM is, that since then GJ doesn't display any profiles anymore in my profiles list, although
- all COL-Files are there in GameJackalPro\Profile mAPS\Collections
- all associated files are there in GameJackalPro\Profile Library

All files in these directories are just displayed as type "REF file", "CMV file", etc., is this correct? Shouldn't they be associated to GJ in any way?

Maybe these associations are gone after a "registry clean-up", I made with CCleaner?

I hoped to fix that association problem by updating to 4.1.1.2 (which worked fine by itself), but still I get none of my profiles listed under my profiles.

GJ Diagnostics doesn't show any problems, apart from the fact that 0 profiles are found...

Any ideas, how I could "find" all my profiles again, without having to create them all new:confused:

Thanks a lot in advance,
Michael

Hi Matthew,

thanks a lot for your reply!

After following your fix description the thing is now as follows:

- Although under GameJackalPro\Profile Library there have been all those files called maplom.lib_X where X is numbered 1 to 5, there was NO "current" file maplom.lib
So in my situation step 2 of your description was not "to overwrite", but just to "insert" that file from a copied and renamed maplom.lib_1.

- After that, GJ indeed seemed to have restored all my profiles, but not all of them worked. For some of them GJ says it has to create them again. Is this what you meant by step 3 (try with maplom.lib_2, etc.)? Should I try this?

Thanks again,
Michael

The file you replaced is the profile database, it generally doesn't have much of an effect on a profile's performance (i.e. weather it works or not). If your profiles have returned, I would leave it.

How many profile are no longer working?

Hi Matthew,

as mentioned, it was not really a replacement, because there was no old or corrupt maplom.lib anymore.

So I had to create it new, by renaming one of the old files you mentioned.

After doing that I had my 9 old profiles displayed again within GJ, but:
- under GameJackalPro\Shortcut Restore there are only 8 of these profiles
- under GameJackalPro\Profile Maps\Collections there are only 7 of these profiles

This fits also to the fact that 7 of my 9 profiles are working fine, apart from those 2 missing in GameJackalPro\Profile Maps\Collections, which makes it quite obvious that GJ responds with the need to re-create these 2 profiles.

I still don't understand why these 2 profiles and the profile database were deleted, but at least you helped me a lot to fix the others! If it should be a re-occurring problem also for other GJ users, you might go deeper into that? If I could be of any assistence with further details, just let me know.

And, of course, as every honest GJ user I still own these original DVDs to easily re-create these profiles :p

Thanks again for your help,
Michael

I would guess that the maplom you replace, was a backup that only had 7 of the profiles in it.
The one that got corupted was the one with all 9 profiles.

Thats why you only see 7 of them.
;)

I would guess that the maplom you replace, was a backup that only had 7 of the profiles in it.
The one that got corupted was the one with all 9 profiles.

Thats why you only see 7 of them.
;)

Hi Dave3d - nope, just read my postings carefully... 8)

1) I did not REPLACE any maplom (but I guess that's not the point)
2) I DO see all 9 profiles within GJ (so also the used backup-maplom must contain these 9!), but only 7 of them work. The reason for is that only 7 of these are stored in the directory GameJackalPro\Profile Maps\Collections. So the maplom contains MORE profiles than the directory, not vice versa, right?
3) there was no maplom that got corrupted in the word's sense, the original maplom was even deleted

Cheers,
Michael

Back