• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Advice Please

sondeterra

My boss at work is thinking of replacing our old timelpse VCR.swith Stadalone DVD recorders using RW media so we could swap around. The RW media I have used in the past says can be used only 20 times blurb at supermediastore says up to 1000. Questions, which is more common, what brand offers most re-records, and are Taiyo Yudens and Verbatim still the recommended Discs?

The RW media I have used in the past says can be used only 20 times blurb at supermediastore says up to 1000.

Typically, after about 100 burns (your mileage may vary), I notice disc quality scans tend to start degrading. Verbatim and Sony (if they are made in Japan) RW media is recommended. I'm not aware of Taiyo Yuden making any. I am reluctant to recommend Sony because I feel many of the things that company has done is anti-consumerish

Up to "1000" claims are . . . well, I'm pretty skeptical.

dvd-ram will last a lot longer.

Last edited:
Thank You

Thanks for the quick reply have advised the boss.

Back