• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

advice on converting region B to region A

yikes

hello, if I have an image that was ripped as a region B, is there a way to convert it to region A?

I tried this but it did not work. first I burned the region B iso to bdre disk. then I re-ripped the burn disk to iso with the setting in anydvd hd to remove region codes , automatic and to removed bd country codes. then reburned what I thought was a region free disk to bdre. unfortunately when I popped it into my bd player it said it wont play in my region A machine.

obviously, I'm not doing something right. can someone enlighten me on the right way to do this?

AnyDVD doesn't convert, and you can't convert a region's disc period. All you can do is remove it on the RIP. Automatic region detection very often fails to detect the discs region due to it being stored in the JAVA code. You say it's a region B disc and you desire to play in a region A player. That begs question. Which region did you specify in AnyDVD? For blu-ray it's MANDATORY to specify the region of the DISC when anydvd asks you for a region. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCE specify your own region or you will end up with a non-functional backup. You also have to keep in mind that on region B discs, often PAL content is used (not neccesarily the main title). However the mere presence of such content can be enough to prevent playback on a region A device.

youre right, I meant to be able to remove the region code from region B which the iso was so it could be played on a region A player. anyway, I set anydvd hd to remove region coded automatically.

I think I understand where youre coming from. youre saying they the BD region B may contain some pal stuff? my understanding was that all the region BD are actually the same and is only "stamped" with a region that they came and only that is preventing a region B from playing in region A. I did not think that some of the region B disk actually contain some pal content. anyway what I did didn't work. perhaps I can just burn the main movie section only which I'm fairly certain is just a region issue and no pal content involved? then rerip it to remove region codes?

do you think that would work?

thanks

you understand wrong. The main movie is pretty much 24p, however bonus content often is not and very often is standard def 720p 50hz PAL content. You don't "stamp" a region on the content. You specify a region in the discs java code, which applies to the entire disc. Then there's the whole video standard specifications, the 2 are completely unrelated.

Insert the disc, set anydvd to remove region and "always ask". Then when anydvd asks. Specify "B", and play it for example in PowerDVD with it's region set to A. If it works there (you don't even have to rip!) it should work in your standalone too.

hello, if I have an image that was ripped as a region B, is there a way to convert it to region A?

I'm not sure whether it's possible to remove the region lock from your image. Is it a protected one?

that's a good question. I don't believe its locked but how do you tell?

Did you select "Keep Protection" when you ripped to an image file?
If not, then I guess the damage is done and you need the original disc in order to remove the region code properly.

Did you select "Keep Protection" when you ripped to an image file?
If not, then I guess the damage is done and you need the original disc in order to remove the region code properly.

thanks for your reply

I did not make the image myself, its possible that the keep protection was checked off.

I found a way around this by just ripping the movie only out of the iso. seems to work this way

I think what Chevron means is that you must FIRST strip the encoding when you initially make the iso. Then the region will be gone. When you then put it onto a BD, you will have a region-free BD. Is that right? I know when I just copy disc to disc and turn off the encoding, it works fine.

Yup region removal is done DURING initial decryption. If it's done incorrectly during decryption, your cannot go back and change is afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

FYI: For all the users that don't know that RIPPING is not necessary. For AnyDVDHD to perform it's Miracles. Just insert let it scan and wah-lah its no longer protected and can be used with Numerous Programs straight from the optical media. Use PDVD or a good unlicensed player. Just point to the optical media and play, test, run through CloneBD/CloneDVD or what ever you need to do with it.
*NOTE:
CloneBD is for Blu-Ray only. It copies to blank media and ISO/Folder files, along with making mobile files like MKV and MP4.

CloneDVD is for DVD's only. It only copies to blank media or ISO/Folder files. For mobile file creation try CloneDVDMobile .

Some discs just plain will not remove region coding no matter what you do either. I purchased the movie "Stick" with Burt Reynolds on Region B from Amazon.co.uk. I've tried numerous times with various versions of AnyDVD and have wasted now about 7 blank discs trying to remove the region coding and it wont remove it. I've tried all the different ideas posted on the forums here and nothings works on this specific title even though it is an original. I had no problem removing region coding from "Secret Of My Success", "For Love or Money", "Airport 1975" and "Airport 1977" which were also all purchased from Amazon.co.uk and were region B but "Stick" will not work. I can rip the disc to image specifying Region B and I can mount and play the image file created but when it is burned to a blank disc, it will not play the blu ray on any of my standalone sony players, only on the computer. I finally just gave up on it and just watch it off the computer now if I want to see it.

@Disney about the blanks wasting, that's what they invented BD-RE's for, if it doesn't work erase and try again. Sometimes region code does not work no, but that's why an additional setting was added to anydvd a while back. It's below the region options "Remove blu-ray country code". The tooltip sais "some usa anime discs require this", but it can't hurt to try that one too. Select a region zone (A/B/C) AND tick that checkbox.

can't hurt to try.

When you say it won't play on a set-top player do you get a region code error or do they just not play due them having standard def PAL files on the discs? If the latter then there's nothing AnyDVD can do about that as it's down to a limitation of the players

Back