• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

zero269

I'll share my brief thoughts and advice on the differences here because I see a lot of chatter related to the Beta releases vs the Production releases.

Production Release (aka Stable Build)
  • For long term use by a vast majority of users.
  • Only updated when the next "stable build" is released to production.
  • Recommended for anyone who is not willing to assume or understand the risks of using a beta version.
Beta Release
  • For those looking to test new features and report their findings after using it for a limited period of time.
  • For those looking to test if the bug fixes listed in the release notes have been resolved, occur intermittently or not resolved.
  • For those willing to keep track of and provide coherent notes on their test results.
Tips for Beta Users:
  • Keep at least the last two AnyStream production releases to revert to after your beta testing if needed.
  • Keep track of any details with your testing and experimenting, along with any log files created along the way. This helps with reporting your findings after an acceptable period of time. In other words, don't just try something once and report it.
    • Beta issues should be approached methodically and accurately. Write down what you did up to the issue and list the symptoms in order of their outcomes.
  • If the beta release doesn't work for you:
    • First reinstall and restart your system. Only run AS to test. Keep everything else closed. Know your environment!
    • Revert to the last production release and drive on…
    • Report your findings and provide log files for all of your tests.
    • Name your log files so they make sense.
      • Example: v1142 APV failed to refresh.astlog
    • Have many log files? Zip them all together.
When reporting issues, always include the software version.

Back