• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Ads vs No Ads

mustangdmg

I'm thinking of downgrading my streaming plans to plans with ads. I wonder if there's a difference downloading, for example, an episode of True Detective, between no ads and with ads. What I want to know is if there's a noticeable gap in space of the ads if I download.

AS will strip the ads. But with D+ you need the no-ads plan. Not sure about other providers, NF worked well when I used it in December.

AS will strip the ads. But with D+ you need the no-ads plan. Not sure about other providers, NF worked well when I used it in December.
But is there a gap in place of stripped ads? I could live with a gap of 1 second.

But is there a gap in place of stripped ads? I could live with a gap of 1 second.
No, the webplayer or app just pauses the video and starts playing the ads instead, depending on what the server tells it to do.

Amazon Prime streaming doesn't require getting the "no ads" option, both Prime and FreeVee have the ads removed when downloading with AS.

My NetFlix is the 2nd tier that is ad free, so I don't need to worry about ads there. I was grandfathered into the 2nd NF tier when NF was still doing DVDs by mail. The with-ads tier is rather low quality. (Not that NF quality is all that great at present with AS DRM issues, but that's a whole 'nother issue)
The only other pay service I have is Peacock, with ads. AS clobbers the ads there as well.

youtube may have ads, but any AS downloads I do make don't have any.

In my experience when AS strips out ads there is no pause or blank spots. No visible notice of when the website or app would have inserted the ads.

I'll add that not all content is available with netflix with ads. I was surprised by that. Seemed like every other title I wanted to watch wasn't available.

I'll add that not all content is available with netflix with ads. I was surprised by that. Seemed like every other title I wanted to watch wasn't available.
Yeah, the low price SD with-ads tier does restrict the available catalog.

Back