• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ads in Amazon Prime Showtime channel movies

RinZero

I downloaded The Skulls from the Showtime channel on Prime, and it had a 30-second ad for some Showtime show before the movie started. Can this be skipped programmatically, or is it just part of the stream and I'll need to post-process the downloads to remove them?

Just try to play the video in your browser and look at the playbar. If you can see a 30 second timer and then the 1:30h timer for the movie, it should be a normal ad that can be removed/should not get downloaded.
However, if the ad starts and you can already see that you are at 0:00:30 at the end of it, it is most likely part of the stream and you have to use a software to get rid of it.
Either cut it or remove it by telling ffmpeg (etc) to start at 30 seconds and go till the end. There are many programs you can try it with.
If you have a question about them, take a look into the third party forum.

I just cancelled my Showtime subscription because of the price, not much content that I like vs other streaming platforms and that they have been baking in a lot of ads in their movies/shows where it takes an extra step.

I have no idea, we do not support Showtime, its part of the Amazon Package. But run separately.

The ads even occurred in the showtime app as well.

If the ads are burnt into the download there is nothing that can be done, but as Deepspsce said, they can be edited out with the proper software.

The ads even occurred in the showtime app as well.
I think it does not matter, the question is if they appear before the movie even gets load or if they are part of the movie.
Because if not, they should not be in the end file.

Quick note that you can actually splice and concatenate movies without re-encoding them! Ffmpeg can do it, there are probably GUI options too. The only slightly tricky thing is that each segment needs to start on a keyframe (they can end wherever you want).

If you use mkv tools you can also make 2 parts by specifying a time, it cuts at the nearest keyframe of your time.

I think there are many video editing tools that would do this task, but I am not going to promote them in the forum. They are easily accessible on Google. Thank you.

If you use mkv tools you can also make 2 parts by specifying a time, it cuts at the nearest keyframe of your time.

I didn't think mkv tools worked on MP4's? Otherwise it's a great little program I've used for .mkv's

It will convert your mp4 to mkv, but it can manage it. If you want to keep your MP4 format you have to use another tool.

Back