• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Adding Clone DVD to auto launch options

resare

Can anyone tell me how to add CloneDVD to the autolaunch options that pop up when you put the source DVD in the drive?
Thanks
Nils

I don't think you can. I've not seen any way to add things to the autoplay options. Neat idea though. I rather like it. Unless it's something you can hack in the registry...there's no way to do it through the autoplay gui.

I don't think you can. I've not seen any way to add things to the autoplay options. Neat idea though. I rather like it. Unless it's something you can hack in the registry...there's no way to do it through the autoplay gui.

Microsoft's powertoys' TweakUI?

Microsoft's powertoys' TweakUI?

I thought the same thing and you can create new entries but... um, I feel so stupid because I can't remember how to get it to work. I've had AutoPlay turned off since the first time I used XP back when it went Gold.

Possibly. That might work for XP but I don't think it'd do much for me in Vista...I did find this in my travels though:

http://lazax.com/blog/archives/000086.html

I realize it's for DVD Shrink, but, you could probably edit it for CloneDVD.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. A bit of editing would need to be done, of course, but it looks useable [for XP].

I'll stick with AutoPlay just completely turned off, though.

Last edited:
actually it does work using Microsoft TweakUI (google it, it is part of Microsoft Powertoys).

Go to MY COMPUTER within TweakUI and select AUTOPLAY, then HANDLERS. Click on CREATE, Type in e.g.:
description: Backup with CloneDVD
using: CloneDVD
and using CHANGE PROGRAM... select the CloneDVD2.EXE program (default location may be: c:\program files\elaborate bytes\clonedvd2\clonedvd2.exe)
now check the Supported Media checkbox: DVD
and you are done. Now just reboot and from now on it will give you the option.

CAVIAT: The only small issue is that CloneDVD does not seem to allow any parameters, so you will have to select the drive with the DVD manually (as usual). But at least it starts the program and likely you only need to push the cursor down key to select your drive.
TIP: If you have other apps you do NOT want to use for autostarting DVD, just select that application here and UNCHECK DVD.

Ilovagadgets.:rock:

P.S.: CloneDVD Developers: Are you listening? EVERY other program without exception supports autoplay. It can not be so hard to implement that ...

actually it does work using Microsoft TweakUI (google it, it is part of Microsoft Powertoys).

Go to MY COMPUTER within TweakUI and select AUTOPLAY, then HANDLERS. Click on CREATE, Type in e.g.:
description: Backup with CloneDVD
using: CloneDVD
and using CHANGE PROGRAM... select the CloneDVD2.EXE program (default location may be: c:\program files\elaborate bytes\clonedvd2\clonedvd2.exe)
now check the Supported Media checkbox: DVD
and you are done. Now just reboot and from now on it will give you the option.

CAVIAT: The only small issue is that CloneDVD does not seem to allow any parameters, so you will have to select the drive with the DVD manually (as usual). But at least it starts the program and likely you only need to push the cursor down key to select your drive.
TIP: If you have other apps you do NOT want to use for autostarting DVD, just select that application here and UNCHECK DVD.

Ilovagadgets.:rock:

P.S.: CloneDVD Developers: Are you listening? EVERY other program without exception supports autoplay. It can not be so hard to implement that ...

Neat idea. I am gone try know and see how it goes.

Back