• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Add "ASIO Virtual Device" as "audio interface"

No, I don't think now this issue's still there. We can choose the output sample rate for PCM.

That's quite scary. If you can adjust the output sample rate, how can assume the card is bit exact? This sounds like leeperry is right, and your card resamples everything.

This sounds like [..] your card resamples everything.
it does, it very much does...noone talks about it because Asus buys every review website/magazine w/ free review samples...but the drivers of their audio cards are major crapola, apparently they'd be FAR better on Linux...considering they've been coded by more quality-conscious ppl ;)

Asus is well aware of this problem, but C-Media couldn't care less...and they are the DSP/drivers vendor. Asus sells specs and hardware, drivers are the least of their worries.

That's my experience with my new Asus Essence ST. It's connected via SPDIF to my Burson modded DacMagic and I can only get bit perfect audio with FB2000/WASAPI, that diasbles Windows Mixer and whatever sample rate I put on the Asus soundcard software settings is ignored, my DacMagic display showing a variable sample rate depending on the source. I tried ReClock as I want to use WASAPI in WMP (32bit) on Windows 7 x64, but no joy. I also tried the ASIO 4.3 plugin but could only get stuttery CD playback. With AlbumPlayer, the ASIO worked, diasbled Windows Mixer, but as Lee says, I had to change the Asus soundcard sample rate to match the source, i.e. 44.1 or 96kHz, that's not a bit perfect digital pass through if I need to tell it what to do. Why did I just spend £130 on this card?!

Any ideas how I can get ReClock to work with WMP/W7 for WASAPI bit perfect playback of my stereo WMA Lossless files? If not, does anyone know if I can get bit perfect playback using ASIO with the M-Audio Delta 2496 or Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 soundcards (or any other suggestions for a good quality ASIO capable SPDIF (coax preferred) out - 2 channel music only), an Asus ST might be about to appear on eBay!

Last edited:
Back