• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

About the upcoming changes in licensing

lych

Will the upcoming changes in licensing affect users who already have a lifetime license?

Will the upcoming changes in licensing affect users who already have a lifetime license?

Yes it will. You can sit there in smug glee knowing that you will never have to pay another cent for the software by making the descision of buying a lifetime licence when they were still available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch I wonder how this will blow over on those that were grandfathered in?

Can someone please clarify this email slysoft sent to me about the closing of lifetime subscriptions?

I'm getting deja vu here. I bought lifetime subscriptions for my slysoft products LAST christmas when they said they were going to discontinue lifetime subscriptions and give everyone a 20% discount who bought one.

Did I miss something?

Are they going to take away my lifetime subscriptions? (even though I'm clearly not dead yet)

offcourse not. If you read the mail carefully, and the announcement you'll see that they will stop SELLING them as of jan 1st. Those that already have it will offcourse keep it. Nothing will change for those who already own lifetime

I have to admit, that email did scare me. It could have been worded better. It almost looked like Slysoft decided to renege out of the agreement between those people who originally believed in and supported Slysoft when nobody else would and Slysoft.

It would be good to just get a note from a mod or staff member on here that Slysoft can be respected in keeping their word.

-MKA

I have to admit, that email did scare me. It could have been worded better. It almost looked like Slysoft decided to renege out of the agreement between those people who originally believed in and supported Slysoft when nobody else would and Slysoft.

It would be good to just get a note from a mod or staff member on here that Slysoft can be respected in keeping their word.

-MKA

Yeah that's what I thought too. Especially the subject didn't sound like they were trying to sell or offer anything.
I wouldn't expect a header like "SlySoft is going to discontinue lifetime update subscriptions" when they're advertising something :confused:

This was also how I initially interpreted the email. Good to hear those of us w/ LT subs are golden. :clap: Slysoft

And what about the future? Clone BD, SlyPlayer... What type of licences we will get?!

I'm a "lifetime" user and this is really scaring me out.
Why?
Well, i can guess by this decision that the next generation of new SlySoft software, like the eagerly expected Clone BD and the SlyPlayer, won't have lifetime options, we will ALL have to pay for periods of time to be able to used them, and when getting near our "time limit" renew again for some more time...

Or am i wrong?!

Will current lifetime users will be "offered" this option?

Best regards,
hr_muadib.

Flase advertizing

How can you sell a product saying free lifetime updates and then send an e-mail stating lifetime is no longer lifetime? Would not recommend slysoft products just based on this incident.

How can you sell a product saying free lifetime updates and then send an e-mail stating lifetime is no longer lifetime? Would not recommend slysoft products just based on this incident.

It says Slysoft will no longer be offering (selling) lifetime licenses. NOWHERE does it say they will not honor a previously purchased license. Read the email again.

In my email it the subject was "SlySoft is going to discontinue lifetime update subscriptions" and the first 2 lines of the email are "As of January 1st, 2011, SlySoft will discontinue the 'lifetime' update subscription. This is being announced well in advance to give everybody a final opportunity to acquire SlySoft products and product upgrades with lifetime free updates and renew limited subscriptions to lifetime."

No where does it make me feel comfortable with my lifetime subscription. You have to admit it is confusing. I tripped out myself. I can't find my subscription email since I just saved the registry files only. Is there a way of verifying my subscription so I can rest easy?

Ok, after reading through this thread and re-reading the email, I am satisfied that my lifetime license is safe. In all fairness though, the email could have been worded better. Perhaps slysoft might consider resending a clarification email.

I'm delighted that I'm protected (grandfathered in) with the lifetime subscriptions.

However, I'm hoping like the others that the CloneBD or Slyplayer or whatever they'll call it (them?) will have a lifetime subscription option for us long time users/buyers when it comes out.

Back