• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Abnormal anydvd termination and finalizations

tperry

Im running a nice clean fast pc and using XP running DVD Xcopy Platinum and AnyDVD. So no system problems and my software is intact.

All was working well, backing up my DVDs was going great. THEN, I started having problems with my outputs that just started writing going into Finalization mode when I had just started the writing phase of the process. No error, just an early finalization. Lookin at the disc its obvious there was indeed a problem!

At the moment Im using some other methods and some technical knowledge to get around some of the problems but it seems that I am doing more work here than I was for a long while.

I did an upgrade to anydvd. even reran the key. file. All was fine still, but then...!@#~havoc.

Any ideas please help me. I may just have a case of the stoopids or something. That would be easier to fix too, ha.

tim/tperry

@ tperry,

Welcome to the Forum.

From the limited information provide it appears that possibly your problem could be related to a compatibly problem between your DVD Burner Firmware and the blank Media MID. DVD Burner Firmware and blank Media MID are the primary inputs that determine how data is written/burned to blank DVD Media.

Have you ensured that your undisclosed DVD Burner has the most current up to date Firmware that is available?

What is the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the particular DVD Media you are attempting to use? If you are unaware of how to obtain MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of DVD Media use DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) or DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com).

Regards,
bjkg

Im running a nice clean fast pc and using XP running DVD Xcopy Platinum and AnyDVD. So no system problems and my software is intact.

All was working well, backing up my DVDs was going great. THEN, I started having problems with my outputs that just started writing going into Finalization mode when I had just started the writing phase of the process. No error, just an early finalization. Lookin at the disc its obvious there was indeed a problem!

As Anydvd doesn't burn, this is not an anydvd issue.

Thanks for your input about abnormal termination...

I will look into updating my firmware as suggested, and although I do agree that anydvd is not a burner it does in fact control the action(s) of the burn.

Thanks again, I dont give up so easily and will indeed check into the suggestion(s) and get the job(s) to run with your help. As usual its probly a error on my end and im not directly blaming anydvd for my problems...I just needed a little direction, and I thank you.

Thanks
tperry

DVD xCopy is an old program. i had the same issues, it would finalize and create a coaster. UPGRADED to AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Never had a problem since. I would uninstall the archaic program.

Keep AnyDVD and use any burning software that doesn't have an X anywhere in it's title.........use good media.(i.e. Verbatim)

Back