Ability to select forced subs only

Discussion in 'Requests and Suggestions' started by spl147, Oct 26, 2019.

1. spl147

spl147 Well-Known Member

can we get the ability to only extract and save the subtitles marked as forced with a subtitle track?

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

That's already possible

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3. spl147

spl147 Well-Known Member

it's actually not

4. jwjohnson

jwjohnson Well-Known Member

Actually it is. See attached photo. Works with MKV and MP4. I don't do whole disc copy, so I'm not sure about that.

Attached Files:

5. spl147

spl147 Well-Known Member

right but how do you know what english track has the forced subs in it? on a movie with 3 or 4 english tracks, it should be expanded to select forced only on all tracks seperately, like MakeMKV does

6. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

You can't know which English track has the forced subs in it - MakeMKV doesn't know either. So it displays a gazillion checkboxes just in case.
    And CloneBD only knows which tracks had forced subs after the whole movie was parsed through. In other words: after conversion.

If you like MakeMKVs approach better, go with that - personally, I feel that CloneBD's UI handles this WAAAAY more elegantly.

7. jwjohnson

jwjohnson Well-Known Member

You can easily eliminate the commentary subs by using the preview and selecting each English (or whatever language) sub and watching for a short time. Then I just select the one or two remaining English sub tracks and let CloneBD work its magic.