• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Aacs 2.0

By the way, I was also wondering, is the online protection database actually "required", or can AnyDVD HD still decrypt the Blu-ray disc without the online protection database, albeit slower?

Anydvd first asks the OPD if an internet connection is available, it's a lot faster than trying to find out on its own, if no OPD available it then tries itself. If that fails, it prompts that decryption failed. At least that's how I think it works.

So required? No. Recommended, yes.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I just did an experiment with a new BD+ protected disk and it looks like the files in "C:\ProgramData\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Cache" adds a .dt1 file every time AnyDVDHD accesses the BD+ online database.
To verify that, I rescanned the disk with the new cache file and the status window said "using local database". When I deleted the new .dt1 file and rescanned with AnyDVDHD, it re-downloaded and re-added the new .dt1 file and said "using online database". Re-scanning yet again revealed "using local database" in the AnyDVDHD status window.

I don't know if it would work to copy that cache folder and it's contents to the machine without the internet connection will cause AnyDVDHD to use the local database or not but it's worth a try. Obviously both machines should be using the same AnyDVDHD version.

My experience has been that AnyDVD HD only accesses the online data base when it has to. That is usually for new disks (or really obscure ones) that aren't in the local data base. Otherwise, AnyDVD HD works fine without an internet connection and just as fast. I would imagine the online data base is considered proprietary info and wouldn't be available as a package.

Even if you had the on-line database locally, you would still need to access it when new disks with new anti-copy features are backed up (which would not be in the your older local data base). I assume that happens all the time so an on-line data base is the only practical approach.

That question about publishing the entire BD+ database so anyone can decode a known BD+ movie offline they encounter in the future has come up before.
Even though those keys really don't require a lot of MB's Slysoft has never indicated they would ever do that and probably never will :)

Last edited:
Back