• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A year and still no working GJ

I just dug out an old game--Halo 1--that I know used to work years ago with GJ... just to make sure it wasn't something SecureRom related. It too creates a profile, but as soon as trying to launch the game it asks for the CD to be inserted.

i thought halo 1 was safedisc.....could be different depending on the country you bought it in i guess.. but i'm pretty certain my copy was safedisc..

try scanning the folder you installed it into with protection id, just to make sure you're using the right protection type when making the image..

i thought halo 1 was safedisc.....could be different depending on the country you bought it in i guess.. but i'm pretty certain my copy was safedisc..

Halo does use Safedisc. I just wanted to make sure that all the issues I'm experiencing are not just related to Securom games. And they're not....seems to be everything. General failure of something between point A & B.

Ok... the summary.log file shows where the issue may be. We will attempt to address this for the next beta.

3.0.2.2 rc1: regression...

Ok, here's the lastest round of testing:

Profile continues to function correctly. Securom for Bioshock continues to complain disc not present.

I did note a positive, but I don't recall testing this in 3021... Having a disc inserted when beginning to create a new profile doesn't cause GJ to exit abnormally. The disc now ejects nicely as would be expect.

Unfortunately, there also seems to be a regression. Running profiles created with 3021 caused the system to hang 100% of the time. Trying to launch the newly created profile again worked once; hung three more times.

Attachments

• GJ3022rc1_logs.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 1
Ok, here's the lastest round of testing:

Profile continues to function correctly. Securom for Bioshock continues to complain disc not present.

I did note a positive, but I don't recall testing this in 3021... Having a disc inserted when beginning to create a new profile doesn't cause GJ to exit abnormally. The disc now ejects nicely as would be expect.

Unfortunately, there also seems to be a regression. Running profiles created with 3021 caused the system to hang 100% of the time. Trying to launch the newly created profile again worked once; hung three more times.

How about profiles created with 3022?

Trying to launch the newly created profile again worked once; hung three more times.

*Newly created, with 3022. Profile would sometime hang; very inconsistant. When it would launch the game, the no-cd message for the game would pop up.

3120- no changes

Hi Matthew,

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been trying this ever other release or so since last we spoke. I've just finished creating the Bioshock profile (twice) with the new 3.1.2.0 release with no difference in the end results. Securom still says "wrong disc/insert original". I have noticed that the profiling is much shorter; what used to take 8-12 minutes is down to less than two.

In the recommendations/performance window that opens after the game runs, I noted in the performance tab that the first and third bar were fully filled (sector & h/w timing), but the 2nd bar was empty (profile timing?). I'm not entirely sure what all this is, since there's not a single hit for "timing" in the help index.

I'm attaching the latest batch of logs once again for your review. Thanks.

Attachments

• GJ3120_logs.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 1
Matthew, this is really a continuation of the long running XP64/Bioshock thread which still fails with this most recent GJ version, but since I moved onto a new game I figured I'd open a new thread.

Suffice to say though, I've now had GJ a year and it has yet to ever work on my system. The only commonality that I've seen after reading over the forum for months is that most of the issues appear 64 bit related. I'm not sure if anyone's got a working 64 setup... anyone? Feel free to let me know it does work for you!

So here's the data. Attached are three summary logs. The first two were run from my generic sata dvdrom. The first of those had GJ crash after profiling. The second did not. The third is a profile from my plextor sata drive. In all three runs, the profile was deleted to start. Note that I've never seen any hardware timing data when I look at the profile statistics... am I supposed to?

version=GJ 3.2.0.1
OS=XP 64 SP2
No vDrives
No packet software
protection=D:\Games\Tomb Raider - Underworld\tru.exe | SecuROM Detected - Version 07.38.0014 | Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check
title=Tomb Raider: Underworld
media=DVD
region=USA
cpu=Q6600
optical drives=generic (asus), plextor; both sata
antivirus=AVG Free 8.0.233

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: maplom
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: maploml
Lower Class Filter: PxHlpa64
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: redbook
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Filter Name: maplom
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Filter Name: maploml
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Filter Name: PxHlpa64
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Attachments

• Summary- TRU1 - asus_postCrash.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Summary- TRU2 - asus_noPostCrash.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Summary- TRU3 - plextor.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 3
I'm not sure if anyone's got a working 64 setup... anyone? Feel free to let me know it does work for you!

Bioshock works perfectly fine for me on two different Vista 64 bit Ultimate SP1 systems that I built with GameJackal.
So does Fallout 3 and numerous other securom protected games.

Last edited:
Filter Name: PxHlpa64
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

It's possible that this Sonic/Roxio filter is causing issues.

i) Create a backup of your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "PxHlpa64. Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind that whatever program installed that filter may no longer function properly

2. If you are still having problems, completely uninstall Game Jackal and reboot. Then reinstall the new version (note your profiles and setting will be preserved).

3. Try re-profiling the offending profile.

4. Follow the recommendations of the Performance and Reliability wizard.

5. If that still fails, try creating the profile with "Image mode" checked.

Thanks. I went through all the steps, but still no joy. Image mode took 51 minutes create the profile... is that really right? I only let the game load whatever level it was on and exited out. I remember it being 10-15 mins last time I used the image setting-- half dozen releases back or so.

Interestingly, this time I have hardware timing but no profile timing. Attempting to add to that via the dialogues, it worked on the disc another 6 mins but the end result in the perf/reliability wiz is the same.

Securom continues to alert that the disc is not inserted.

Attachments

• Summary.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 2
As with Webslinger... we have no problems running on 64 bit.

Regarding your posting of the log files... you need to ensure that advanced logging is checked in the setting before running the profile (also note that this value is reset everytime GJ is restarted).

(also note that this value is reset everytime GJ is restarted)

Can you please change that setting, to not resetting it?

Thanks!
BurnerHEAD

... you need to ensure that advanced logging is checked in the setting before running the profile (also note that this value is reset everytime GJ is restarted).

Thanks, this is something I didn't realize. I recall setting it the other day, and then when GJ crashed after the first profiling I didn't even think to check it again.

I've rerun TR:U with image mode. As for the duration to image, is ~50 mins the norm now?

Attachments

• Summary_20080209.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 1
Can you please change that setting, to not resetting it?

Thanks!
BurnerHEAD

This is done for a reason... the logging place a large overhead on a system so it's best left off when not needed.

However we will be making future beta versions of GJ persist this setting ;)

Thanks, this is something I didn't realize. I recall setting it the other day, and then when GJ crashed after the first profiling I didn't even think to check it again.

I've rerun TR:U with image mode. As for the duration to image, is ~50 mins the norm now?

That log file looks rather odd...

Anyway we have improving the logging in the next beta. When released can you please test as follows.
1) Recreate the profile without image mode (this game should normally run without image mode).
2) Make sure advanced logging is checked.
3) Run the profile.
4) Post the log files.

One thing to note... we are improving the logging and are making it easier to get the log files. See the update notes on how this will work.

New beta should be up in the next couple of days.

Back