• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A successful rip and burn with CloneBD 1.0.4.3

ZARTT

I have successfully ripped, and burned a full disc copy of my Blu-Ray title, "Lincoln Lawyer" , to a 25 GB disc without error. The output was a Memorex 25gb BD blank.
The main movie is 1 hour 58 minutes long, plus what ever else is there.
I have used this title exclusively during my Clone BD test series to arrive at this point.
It was accomplished on my test mule, a 6 year old H/P with a dual core e-6300 chip. The O/S is 64 bit Windows 10 Tech Preview build 10049 with 8 GB of RAM.
The RIP took 14 hours approx. and the burn took 55 minutes. The only issue during the approx 15 hours was the eject of the original disc, and the load of the blank.
The result plays fine on all 3 different blu ray players that I own. There is no stuttering, stalling, pixellation, or audio sync problems with the output.
At least none that I am able to observe. I watched the whole disc through to the end once on my SONY, and just sampled various portions on the other two players.
Now comes the caveat.
My other P/C rig has a first gen I-7 965 extreme water cooled chip on an Intel board with an X-58 chipset. It is populated with 2 12 gb kits of Corsair DDR-3 RAM. The O/S is Win-7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Every release of Clone BD has failed in some fashion or another on this rig, starting with the first one I obtained. I think it was 1.0.2.2.
The majority of the fails were lock-ups that did not allow for a logfile.
At Release 1.0.3.8 the RIP would finish without any seeming problem, and then call a write error on the output disc, even though nothing had been written to the optical writer. (log sent to ELBY).
At Release 1.0.4.3 the same thing happens. (log sent to ELBY)
The RIP on this rig posts a approx 3 hr run time, and runs all 4 cores/8 threads at or near 100% The coolant pump, and radiator fans ramp up to max. and the core temps soar up to 149 degrees F.
I have never had a successful run on the big rig, only on the small one. The CPU usage on the Win-10 machine hovers around 65% and both core temps runs around 100 degrees F. during the RIP
This post is not a rant or a complaint, just a description of a plateau reached.
I think that my testing of releases would have been better served if I had used both rigs for comparison all along. Oh well.
Do you think that I am running across a Clone BD sensitivity to hardware configuration, or an O/S sensitivity?
Time will tell.
We also serve who wait.

Good Luck :clap:
Art.

149F = 65C not bad for 100% CPU use for 2 hrs, still very far from TJ Max.

I have never had a successful run on the big rig,

Art.
Have you tried turning off hyper threading so the O/S only sees the true 4 cores?
One other thing you can try is underclocking the cpu if your hardware will allow it.

Agree that 149F sounds moderate but it wouldn't hurt to try turning down the clock speed to see if it makes any difference.
This is an Intel tool for tuning Intel chips:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...p-boards-software-extreme-tuning-utility.html

If this is a home built or upgraded unit, are you sure your power supply has at least 20-30% over rating of the maximum load? Does the box have sufficient air cooling?
One of the biggest mistakes with upgrading a PC is overloading the power supply and overheating the cabinet.

Last edited:
Back