• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A simple tutorial of the basic functionality of cloneBD is needed

nebostrangla

Could someone help with making a basic tutorial for newer users of cloneBD. Just the basics like finding your preferred settings in the preview player. And how to apply those to to your output. Also a simple explanation of making subs work forced or not ,hardcoded or not , and finally DVD vs Blu-ray SUB's. Also how to report errors and create logs. I really think that it would be a great help to others and cut down on these how to do this posts maybe. Just a suggestion.

Good post. As I remember this being asked several times, I believe the responses fell into two categories: 1. Click on Bert's nose for help and 2. It's an elby product and it's their responsibility. I'm basically interested in MKV Passthrough and other discussions leave me clueless as I just don't burn discs and I don't use other features asked about. When I do get involved in a discussion, I usually ask for a screenshot showing the settings. With the program offering so many features, this would be a major task but one I am willing to assist in if the staff support it.

Good post. As I remember this being asked several times, I believe the responses fell into two categories: 1. Click on Bert's nose for help and 2. It's an elby product and it's their responsibility. I'm basically interested in MKV Passthrough and other discussions leave me clueless as I just don't burn discs and I don't use other features asked about. When I do get involved in a discussion, I usually ask for a screenshot showing the settings. With the program offering so many features, this would be a major task but one I am willing to assist in if the staff support it.
A while ago Elby advised that a tutorial would be available soon but I have come to the conclusion that a tutorial wont be available until all of Clone BD features have been developed.

Good to know - Last night I created a few CloneBD screenshots with explanations and the more I thought about it, I'd better get permission from elby before posting so I sent them a request to post. While Bert is nice, he doesn't meet every learning style but he is current with the program. A tutorial made by outsiders could never be expected to be current - helpful but not always current. There are enough active technically knowledgeable forum members as well as staff that should the tutorial be incorrect, errors would be quickly caught and fixed. Regardless, it is an elby product and it is their call.

Good to know - Last night I created a few CloneBD screenshots with explanations and the more I thought about it, I'd better get permission from elby before posting so I sent them a request to post. While Bert is nice, he doesn't meet every learning style but he is current with the program. A tutorial made by outsiders could never be expected to be current - helpful but not always current. There are enough active technically knowledgeable forum members as well as staff that should the tutorial be incorrect, errors would be quickly caught and fixed. Regardless, it is an elby product and it is their call.
I wouldn't mind a tutorial myself, even though I've used CloneBD a lot since it first came out in December of 2014.

Some reminder of what each setting does in the program would go a long way in helping out noobs and experienced users.

I always accepted the default "files" position as I was only interested in MKV format. When I was playing around, the "files" pull-down menu showed additional options for Microsoft (XBox) and Sony (Playstation). If someone asked me if CloneBD can produce files for XBox or Playstation, I would have had no idea and Bert's help is marginal. I would imagine that Microsoft and Sony love Cinavia so that means additional issues. At one time, I believe one or both devices didn't like burned discs. If that is true, were their ever firmware versions that allowed BD-R media to play? These are questions I can't answer and Bert's not talking. There really is a need for better documentation. For example, while CloneDVD is a simpler program, Frank Hollander's video was excellent. R.I.P. Frank

upload_2016-5-31_9-44-55.png

Last edited:
Frank Hollander's video was excellent.]

I agree, those were great. It would be nice to see a similar video from Elby on each portion of CloneBD (complete, partial, file format)
It's difficult though, since new CloneBD features are being added frequently the guides could get somewhat outdated pretty quick.

It could always be edited or added to as needed too. I just don't have enough of the knowledge of it to even start one. I was actually talking about a basic text version posted here as a sticky. But a video one would be better though.

I submitted a previous post saying that in the German language forum Tectpro had submitted 10 tutorial stickies but for some reason only 5 of these had made their way to the English language forum. I assume Tectpro works for Elby and it would help if Elby would synchronise publication of their tutorials so that they appeared in both the relevant German and English forums simultaneously.

Tectpro doesn't work for Elby any more than you do or I. Staff has a specific forum badge under their avatar.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

I submitted a previous post saying that in the German language forum Tectpro had submitted 10 tutorial stickies but for some reason only 5 of these had made their way to the English language forum. I assume Tectpro works for Elby and it would help if Elby would synchronise publication of their tutorials so that they appeared in both the relevant German and English forums simultaneously.

Take a look at the Redfox Online Documentation for CloneBD, which is still in its infancy:
http://docs.redfox.bz/manual/clonebd/index.html
http://docs.redfox.bz/tutorial/clonebd/index.html

Thanks ErichV I was not aware that RedFox had taken on the task of producing tutorials for CloneBD.
@Ch3vr0n thanks and noted

Back