• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A question to Slysoft team

I removed DVDfab from my system last night after reading this post, it made me a little sad but I can't support people who rip off code, and AnyDVD + CloneDVD + CloneDVD Mobile is better anyhow. Also hearing Peer and James talk about these things in the open can only improve the image of Slysoft no end.

The news about DVD Re-Builder is great it's my weapon of choice when I'm compressing things down.

Not meaning to stray even further off topic, however I couldn't help but notice that the newest AnyDVD and the CloneDVD beta has had the ripper changed to make them work better with DVD Shrink. I know it got shut down ages ago however does anyone know if DVD Shrink uses ripped off code?

Last edited:
What if someone were to post a message on their respective forums for CopyXtoDVD and DVDFab Decrypter? Hmmmmm ...

What if someone were to post a message on their respective forums for CopyXtoDVD and DVDFab Decrypter? Hmmmmm ...

I can't speculate about VSO forums and I don't know if they have their own official forums on their own site but I'd likely say that a posting about such a topic on CD Freaks DVDFab forum would result in all hell breaking loose with the original poster being hanged, drawn, and quartered before the thread would ultimately be locked if not deleted. In short, I don't think it would get far.

Of course, that's purely my own speculation.

I'd likely say that a posting about such a topic on CD Freaks DVDFab forum would result in all hell breaking loose with the original poster being hanged, drawn, and quartered before the thread would ultimately be locked if not deleted.

i would have to see that :D :agree:

It's not as if that person will be making it up? It's the truth.

I don't think anyone would care.

Maybe, maybe not. But maybe it will help them change their ways of doing things.

@DrinkLyeAndDie and James

I saw this on Doom9 and thought it could be interesting. I don't think it violates the GPL and it could be useful. Using QuEnc and HC is nice, albeit slower than ConvertXToDVD. Anyway, check it out when you get a chance.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=106677

@DrinkLyeAndDie and James

I saw this on Doom9 and thought it could be interesting. I don't think it violates the GPL and it could be useful. Using QuEnc and HC is nice, albeit slower than ConvertXToDVD. Anyway, check it out when you get a chance.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=106677

I'll check it out. I think I ran across it before but I never used it because (1) I can't make use of CCE and (2) no menu creation. It's quite a nice looking program though. I'll do some experimenting.

I'll check it out. I think I ran across it before but I never used it because (1) I can't make use of CCE and (2) no menu creation. It's quite a nice looking program though. I'll do some experimenting.

CCE is overrated. HC does at least as good of a job as CCE, IMO, and isn't that much slower. As for menu creation, it looks like he's putting that into the next version, so, keep an eye on it. What *I* want is a program that outputs compliant mpeg files from any format(including HD TS). Then I can author it myself. It SHOULD be possible to do such things, but, so far, I've yet to see a good freeware solution.

CCE is overrated. HC does at least as good of a job as CCE, IMO, and isn't that much slower. As for menu creation, it looks like he's putting that into the next version, so, keep an eye on it. What *I* want is a program that outputs compliant mpeg files from any format(including HD TS). Then I can author it myself. It SHOULD be possible to do such things, but, so far, I've yet to see a good freeware solution.

It definitely has my interest. No questions there. The license info is a bit... sparse, though. I mean it says all the stuff is freeware, etc, but there's no real license and not all that much info included with utilities bundled with it. Compared to jdobbs very well done license it's a complete joke. But, neither does the author claim to own any of the freeware utilities used by FAVC.

It definitely has my interest. No questions there. The license info is a bit... sparse, though. I mean it says all the stuff is freeware, etc, but there's no real license and not all that much info included with utilities bundled with it. Compared to jdobbs very well done license it's a complete joke. But, neither does the author claim to own any of the freeware utilities used by FAVC.

He's not trying to take anyone else's code and pass it off as his own as far as I can see. And since he's not linking his code with any of the utils, I don't see any violation happening. That being said, obviously we can't wait for JDobbs' new toy. :)

He's not trying to take anyone else's code and pass it off as his own as far as I can see. And since he's not linking his code with any of the utils, I don't see any violation happening. That being said, obviously we can't wait for JDobbs' new toy. :)

No idea if you've run across it but take a look at [url="http://members.home.nl/thefilmmachine/]The FilmMachine[/url], SamuriHL. It supports CCE [including beta support for CCE SP2], ProCoder, Quenc & HC. It can use Nero to burn. It can create PAL or NTSC output. And on the Info window lists all the freeware/open source software it uses which you can click on and go right to a webpage where you can find it.

Nice options. The only downside I've seen is the lack of even basic menu creation. I converted an Xvid movie during the night. I am very impressed. Check out the forum for the latest beta version. Another nice thing from the Netherlands.

I have seen it, but, it installs a LOT of stuff. I like things that are self contained and don't install codecs and stuff that interfere with my regular system.

Back