A PSA for Any Stream, can not be far off.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Watcher0363, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Watcher0363

Watcher0363 Well-Known Member

For those of us who have purchased AS, it is the closes we will come to owning a boat. Because every time I look at my storage space, I say to myself, time to break out another terabyte. And at the rate I am breaking out terabytes and storage housings, I might as well be honest and say I am breaking out another thousand. According to my download data, AS stream has had a rolling 30 day average of over a terabyte of usage for fourteen days now.

It is a good thing that I only bought a years subscription and hopefully when it comes up for renewal, it will be nearly impossible for me to repurchase. 'Nearly impossible,' being the operative words there, for we addicts will be addicts. Also, hopefully, may the batch download feature be months away or never implemented, because my queue of unnecessary shows to download is long. Sure 'Bewitched' and 'Family Affair' were childhood favorites of mine, but do I really need them on standby. I am old guy now, very soon to be, very old guy. 'Starsky & Hutch' definitely a go, maybe '21 Jump Street', that '3.3 seconds' is one hell of an episode, Johnny Depp at his finest. But the fact that I have the 21 Jump Street spin off, 'Booker,' in my queue, just makes me a sicko.

Where will I be six months from now after seeing an ad for 25 terabyte hard drives? I know, curled up in some corner shaking and mumbling to myself, “I picked the wrong day to give up buying hard drives.”

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Get a 50 Terabyte NAS and you will fine for a few years. LOL

3. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

I laughed at this initially. But after AS and getting into UHD movies this now seems plausible. :p

4. Watcher0363

I think you meant necessary.

DQ likes this.
  5. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

There are people here that have already used 10 Terabytes, and the program is not that old..

whatever_gong82 and DQ like this.
  6. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

I currently have a total of about 15TB of space. I am about half full. But that's my whole collection not just AS stuff. But clearly AS did not help :p

EDIT - Also my new found passion for UHD is killing me too!

whatever_gong82 and RedFox 1 like this.
  7. Watcher0363

15 TB, how quaint.:)

DQ likes this.
  8. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

15 TB is a good amount of space. But if you are going to be downloading movies a lot , it gets used up fast,

DQ and whatever_gong82 like this.
  9. SomeRandoDude

SomeRandoDude Member

I'm closing in on 10tb myself and I only deal with HD. Even at 720/1080 it fills up fast.

whatever_gong82 and DQ like this.
  10. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

Yes, yes it does. I am already considering more space. Between AS and my new found hobby of UHD I am eating up space fast! Hence my recent post about compressing UHD but that's part is not going well. :p