• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A problem with ConvertXtoDVD

ArgoDave

I have used this software many times to successfully burn .avi files to DVD format, but one .avi file in particular just will not convert, when viewing it in the preview panel the picture rapidly goes all pixelated and soon after the conversion attempt fails. I've looked in other forums recommended by the VSO software people like ClubCDFreaks but I have not been able to find a useful answer. Anyone else here had this problem?

I would first run GSpot on the .avi to see if there is anything unusual going on.

Then I would try to convert it with dvdSanta.

If the problem persisted, I would figure the .avi is bad. (I often use dvdSanta as an interim converter on my way to ConvertXToDVD. It handles almost all formats, e.g., .mpg, .wma, .rm, etc.; I even convert .mp3's to audio DVD's with it.)

If I got a working set of .vob's, then I would re-author them with ConvertXToDVD.

Houdini

I would first run GSpot on the .avi to see if there is anything unusual going on.

Then I would try to convert it with dvdSanta.

If the problem persisted, I would figure the .avi is bad. (I often use dvdSanta as an interim converter on my way to ConvertXToDVD. It handles almost all formats, e.g., .mpg, .wma, .rm, etc.; I even convert .mp3's to audio DVD's with it.)

If I got a working set of .vob's, then I would re-author them with ConvertXToDVD.

Houdini

Thanx for the tip, I'll look for those apps and give them a try. Funny how I can watch the .avi with WMP and it's fine. It's a rare DVD rip of the movie Meatballs and I'd hate to give up on burning it to disc, it's impossible to find at any local video store.

Back