• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A previously working Bluray rip suddenly stops working

Tenchy

Hi all, just wanting to post a question out there if anyone else has experienced any such problems.

I recently ripped The Equalizer and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, both using Anydvdhd 8.0.4.0 and made use of the speedmenus function and selected to keep original menus.

After ripping these movies I tested playback on my popcorn hour c300. Speed menu popped up, and then I selected at the bottom left to launch original menu. Everything worked fine and the original menu popped up and I began the movie. I watched The Equalizer all the way through without a single issue.

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty also started, and the movie began with no issues.

Overnight I tried to rip my copy of The Grand Budapest Hotel. A movie I still have been unable to successfully rip with menus, just will never play. I tried this morning to play the rip I had just made, again using speed menus, but just got the spinning wheel as if it is trying to load something, but nothing ever happens.

I then went back and checked the copies of The equalizer and The secret life of walter mitty. Now, none of these copies will play, now just the spinning wheel, it won't even load the speed menu. Have noticed this is not the first time it has happened with some movies, the rip plays fine at first, and then something happens and it will no longer play.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm running a Popcorn Hour C300, wired connection via cat6 to my NAS

I have never seen this happen before. Only thing I can think of is a change in the player. Firmware upgrade or software issue. Rebooting the player maybe needed if nothing has changed. Nothing should be changing the BD rips unless there is a data corruption issue on the drive or media that the rip is stored on.

Not an anydvd problem. Moved. Since your were able to rip and have a successful playback, anydvd did it's job.

I'm only talking a day between rips working and then not working. Hasn't been any player firmware upgrades since 2014.

Would be interested to know if anyone who has these blurays ripped with full menus and uses a standalone media player who knows they previously worked, if they try to play them again and if they still work.

If the data has somehow become corrupted, then potentially something is being written back to the NAS.

Strange for copies to be ripped yesterday and working perfectly and then try again today and they fail.

There is no way anydvd 'writes' to the NAS when there's no disc inserted, and you didn't tell it to with the ripper. It's physically not possible.

There is no way anydvd 'writes' to the NAS when there's no disc inserted, and you didn't tell it to with the ripper. It's physically not possible.
I agree, sounds more likely that the drive is failing or a bad connection between the NAS and the player

Back