A PASSAGE TO INDIA - FAILS at 99%

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by woodpecker2, Apr 19, 2008.

1. woodpecker2

woodpecker2 Active Member

Ripping files to hdd w/anydvdhd 6.4.1.2 and it fails at 99%. I can copy the files over manually, so I know the disc can be read just fine. I'd like to know why anydvdhd is failing though.

It fails somewhere in /BDMV/JAR/00001/

logfile attached. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Given the history you've had of not being able to read discs properly, I recommend getting another drive and testing. Either the disc is borderline bad or your drive is slowly dying, and it's just luck that one method is working (for now).

3. woodpecker2

My drive works just fine. It has read over 100 blurays discs. And to speak of that "history" of my drive not raeding discs, those were 2 HDDVDs, and I took them to a friends and his xbox and pc drives failed the same. Thus, my drive is fine, the discs are defective.

4. Webslinger

Suit yourself. Then the disc is borderline bad, and you were fortunate to be able to read it using one method. Anydvd ripper isn't bugged.

5. woodpecker2

Then how can you explain imgburn or windows explorer being able to read the files but anydvdhd cannot?

6. Webslinger

Borderline defective drive or disc

My friend claims he had no issues ripping that same disc using Anydvd HD's ripper.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  7. woodpecker2

Well that makes sense. Seems I am having S**t luck with discs lately.

8. Webslinger

Try cleaning the disc, and try again with Anydvd ripper (if you want to test . . . I mean, you appear to have ripped it anyway, so it doesn't matter that much. And the more you use a drive, the more it wears out. All drives do slowly die over time).

9. bass4040

bass4040 Member

Mine failed near the end also. Still worked when I made an iso without copying the rest of the files.

10. Webslinger

Sounds like a bunch of bad discs were released then.

For both of you, what's the full error message you received with Anydvd ripper?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  11. woodpecker2

Copying of files failed.

12. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

Can one of you try my bad disc guide and see if you can do a complete rip with no errors with AnyDVD DISABLED using CloneCD or ImgBurn 2.4.1.0?