A new version is avaliable (popup)

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Goris, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Goris

Goris Active Member

Hi,

Every couple of hours or when i switch on the computer AnyDVD pops up saying there is a new version avaliable 6.4.1.11 , but there is none ? :confused:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6412.exe and install

3. Goris

Goris Active Member

Hi webslinger,

I'm using the version 6.4.1.2. When the system starts up it pops up a balloon saying a new version 6.4.1.11 is avaliable, but when I click it it takes me to the AnyDVD download page which now has 6.4.1.2 :confused:

4. andy o

andy o Well-Known Member

Quick! Hold on to it, you've accessed the internal closed super-secret beta that lets you not only remove protection, but also remove the clothes of the actresses.

By the way, when are we going to see that feature?

5. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

Let's have a look

Would you be so kind to get me a screen shot of that pop-up please?

Press/hold CTRL and then press "prtscrn" key

release the keys, click start > all programs > paint

click edit > paste

select the file type "JPG" please and give the image the name "popup".

Attach that here (or open a support ticket and ask for me).

Thanks.

6. Webslinger

Do what Frank says, and also hover your mouse icon over the red fox icon to ensure you are using 6.4.1.2.

What you're describing is pretty weird, and that's not happening to me on three different computers.

7. Goris

Goris Active Member

Hi,

I restarted the system to get the popup again.
    Here's the printscreen : [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2008
  8. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Update to 6.4.1.2 and your problems will be solved. If you are already using this version then delete the program , save your liscense key, and reinstall.

9. Goris

Goris Active Member

Re-downloaded, Uninstalled, Re-installed ... Same problem.

10. Webslinger

That's Dutch, right? Might be some sort of weird non-English version language bug . . .

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  11. Webslinger

Confirmed.

I've been informed by Jill that this issue will be fixed shortly.

Thank you for letting people know, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  12. Goris

Goris Active Member

Thanks a lot !

13. Jill

Jill Support Team Staff Member

Well, there was actually no issue to be fixed, we just had to exclude that there *is* any issue on our end. ;)

We see that you are using Firefox browser. Please use Microsoft Internet Explorer instead and there, copy and paste the following URL: http://update.slysoft.com/update/AnyDVD.ver
    If you still see version 6.4.1.11, please empty your Internet Explorer cache, close and reopen your Internet Explorer and copy and paste the URL again: http://update.slysoft.com/update/AnyDVD.ver
    There should be a difference in version numbers now.

If that does not help please reinstall AnyDVD once more, redownload the setup.exe again, run the new one and reboot your computer.

If all of that still does not help please look up the URL above again and tell us which version your Internet Explorer is showing.

14. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

I have not had any issues with the pop-up about an existing update however I did as you noted above and according to IE 7.0.5730.11 under Windows XP Pro SP2 with all updates the webpage says: "VER:6.4.1.1". :confused:

Edit: Sorry, is what you wrote a typo when you made your post or we don't want to see "VER:6.4.1.11" and that was inadvertently listed at one point?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  15. Webslinger

Oh, sorry I must have misunderstood what you meant.

16. Goris

Goris Active Member

It says :

VER:6.4.1.1

17. Jill

Edit: Sorry, is what you wrote a typo when you made your post or we don't want to see "VER:6.4.1.11" and that was inadvertently listed at one point?[/QUOTE]

We don't want to see this version 6.4.1.11, as there is no such version.
    Goris seems to have some data salad on his local computer, we just wanted to ensure that we don't contribute anything to make this worse.

Goris, great that you don't see the wrong version in your IE. Now, after having emptied the cache in your Internet Explorer, redownloading, reinstallation, reboot: do you still get that weird update notification?
    If so, please list all antivirus software, firewalls, other security software and any other software related to how you connect to the internet.
    Which versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox do you use?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  18. Goris

Goris Active Member

- Emtied the cache in IE and Firefox.
    - Redownloaded
    - Reinstalled
    - Rebooted
    - Anti Virus : Avira AntiVir Premium 8
    - Firewall and HIPS : Online Armor paid
    - Local Proxy : The Proxomitron (even bypassed, same result)

Result in Firefox 2.0.0.14: VER:6.4.1.1
    Result in IE 7 : VER:6.4.1.1
    Popup from AnyDVD HD, see above.

19. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Thanks for the clarification. Now I understand. :)

20. Jill

We are still trying to reproduce this behaviour, which is giving us a very hard time. What happens if you set your proxy to "automatic detection"? The main issue we have is that AnyDVD actually "sees" the same version as the Internet Explorer and thus actually cannot see a version that does not exist, but we keep on trying.