• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

99% avi overhead with AC3 audiocopy

Moonie

hi

i like to use an audiocopy profil for generic divx:

[* Generic (DivX) AC Test]
Res1=320x240
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
VTag=DIVX
lavcopts=vcodec=libxvid:acodec=copy
Format=avi -noodml
FileType=avi
MVolume=10
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=3000

this is a working profil but i get an output with a mega avi overhead:
File Length Correct
AVI v1.0
Interleave: 1 vid frame (40 ms), preload=32
Audio frames: Aligned on interleaves
Video: 20.8 MB (16.69%)
Audio: 4.15 MB (3.33%)
AVI Overhead: 99.6 MB (79.97%)

anyone know how i can fix that? :)

thank you

hi

i like to use an audiocopy profil for generic divx:

this is a working profil but i get an output with a mega avi overhead:

anyone know how i can fix that? :)

thank you
I tried your profile and got a 1.9GB output file :eek: which also caused an error and the file was locked - had to go into safe mode to delete it :mad:
Generic DivX profile gives 137MB file :D
DD/DTS AC3 passthrough works properly using the profile in the Format Extensions sticky thread using version 1.2.0.1. Later versions are still problematic since the change to a different encoding engine.
Still looking for a working profile....

Last edited:
this IS a working profil but as i say there is a bug in the encoder engine!
please read my post, you get a 2GB output because there is a mega avi overhead!

and why you need to boot in save mode?
do you have some kind of special character for the file name?
i can delete any file without problems.

this IS a working profil but as i say there is a bug in the encoder engine!
please read my post, you get a 2GB output because there is a mega avi overhead!

and why you need to boot in save mode?
do you have some kind of special character for the file name?
i can delete any file without problems.
No, the file got locked by the system for some reason - not really important to the point. I see Frank (Slysoft) closed the other thread where you put your suggestion - too bad, as this is a well known problem (not because of a a "self-fumbled" profile as he stated).

The problem is that the encoding engine does not any longer use standard Mencoder options (such as AC3 for audio codec in lavcopts). To make it worse, there is a default lavcopts audio bitrate of 64 which prevents the use of moac=copy (acodec=copy) to passthrough AC3 audio either.

The moac=copy still works fine with version 1.2.0.1 which uses the old Mencoder engine. Open a support ticket if you want Slysoft to look at it "officially" with the current version because according to Frank the developer presence is limited on the forum.

the joke/point is thats is NOT a self-fumbled profil :D i get this from fernando, dvd mobile's developer :D

i know with 1201 work the AC3 passtrough still perfect but why (as purchased customer) i should use an outdated version :)

any ripper software support AC3, only CDVDM does not.

maybe you know a tool to remove the avi overhead?

yes, but

That profile must have been before we dumped MenCoder as the main engine.
And I'll bet if you asked him today he won't support it and gave you that as a one-off personal favor. If it was meant as a global solution it would be in the product by now.
I recall an incident last year with this profile and he refused (rightly) to support it as a general public solution.
As for the 12xx version:
It was simply not possible any longer to deal with the constant audio/video sync problems using strictly mencoder. So we leaned more on ffmpeg and made progress on this issue. The 18xx betas are a lot better in many ways.
Yes, other issues arose but it was decided in development not to "go back" but to move forward. The next big step is another big engine change to finally get a handle on the resets and gaps and to finally make CloneDVD mobile more elastic. The objective is to try to get away from a disc-by-disc process.

Last edited:
That profile must have been before we dumped MenCoder as the main engine.
And I'll bet if you asked him today he won't support it and gave you that as a one-off personal favor. If it was meant as a global solution it would be in the product by now.
I recall an incident last year with this profile and he refused (rightly) to support it as a general public solution.
As for the 12xx version:
It was simply not possible any longer to deal with the constant audio/video sync problems using strictly mencoder. So we leaned more on ffmpeg and made progress on this issue. The 18xx betas are a lot better in many ways.
Yes, other issues arose but it was decided in development not to "go back" but to move forward. The next big step is another big engine change to finally get a handle on the resets and gaps and to finally make CloneDVD mobile more elastic. The objective is to try to get away from a disc-by-disc process.
how long dumped slysoft the mencoder engine? now i know why its not longer possible to change the mencoder.exe
i get this via pm from fernando ~5-7 month ago (i need to search the PM)
this i can't understand, why create ffmpeg with audio passtrough an avi overhead like this?

all we need is an simple audio passtrough, with that option is CloneMobile the best choice and we don't need the buggy "ape crap"

Will be checked but ...

I've discussed this with Fernando and he gave you that old profile as a special one-off offer and this is in any event an extremely low-profile scenario.
He will anyway look into the AVI overhead even though support traffic does not point to a problem. The example shows a file with small video, according to audio assumed a max of 4 minutes and some kind of "magic tool" is used. This tool then displays "Interleave: 1 vid frame (40 ms), preload=32 ; Audio frames: Aligned on interleaves" -- which is absolutely nonsense. The author of this tool obviously has no idea at all what interleaving is and means. And, by the way, the overhead is 80% and not 99%.

But and nevertheless, that doesn't mean there's no overhead bug in the generated .avi files. So we'll check into this.

oops sorry, im not perfect - 99MB and 80% overhead:rolleyes:

that tool i've used is "GSpot"

but however, thank you frank for this reply, and maybe i have found a bug and can help slysoft to make clonedvd better :)

i know why clonedvd mobile was a good choice to buy :)

any news frank?
is this a bug or not? (i think this is a bug)
the update 1803 creates the same overhead like the previous one

one-off

It may be a bug and is so low priority that I doubt it will be fixed any time soon.

1. There are far more authoring issues and problems we are addressing

2. You seem to be the only one raising this issue and I have yet to get one single ticket for this issue in Support.

3. It will not be fixed any time soon in cloneDVD mobile at the present time. The next iteration may have an improvement that addresses this but that is not a guarantee.

Again:

I've discussed this with Fernando and he gave you that old profile as a special one-off offer and this is in any event an extremely low-profile scenario.

Last edited:
Issue has been fixed. Please make sure you use at least 1.8.0.7.

It's the beta after today's later available 1.8.0.6

I know, current one is 1.8.0.5....

thank you fernando :) +1 rep ^^

will never forget :clap:

glad to have slysoft!

Issue has been fixed. Please make sure you use at least 1.8.0.7.

hi fernando, i use the official release 1901 but there is the same problem...

in this version using still the old enginge? in the app folder i see ffmpeg and mencoder.exe

Back