• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

9-1-1: The Complete Season One DVD Disc 1 oddity

dbminter

About the R1 DVD release of 9-1-1: The Complete Season One's Disc 1 of 3. Discs 2 and 3 return that there is structural copy protection on them, but Disc 1 does not return any structural copy protection. It seems odd that 2 of 3 discs would be protected but not one of them, and definitely not protecting the first while doing the other 2 seems off.

I attached LOG files if that is necessary.

Nothing seems out of the ordinary about the extracted files that I tested.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm using AnyDVD HD 8.3.6.0.

EDIT 2: Never mind. Disc 1 is most likely physically bad. It reads in PC but doesn't play on one DVD player at all. Just causes the device to groan and attempt to constantly load the disc. My PS3 will eventually play it but it only starts after a minute of groaning, too. So, the problem is a probably bad disc.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.6.0_Info_K_9-1-1_S1_D1.ziplog
    132 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.3.6.0_Info_K_9-1-1_S1_D2.ziplog
    149.2 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.3.6.0_Info_K_9-1-1_S1_D3.ziplog
    132.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Here's the odd thing. Despite apparently not finding the protection, the files that AnyDVD extracted were fully playable. I fully tested watching them and there was no problem. I would have thought if AnyDVD didn't actually find the protection there, it wouldn't have removed it.

Anyway, this really was an interesting exception.

EDIT: Actually, this reminds me of another past oddity. I had a DVD boxed set where AnyDVD returned there was no structural protection on the first 5 discs, but that there was on the last. What was causing this false positive was a defective last disc. There was a black spot under the layer that was apparently causing a bad read as structural protection. I extracted all the files I could and as much of the remaining file that wouldn't fully extract. Luckily, the spot was at the outer edge so only the last file to be extracted was affected. This meant that with a little rebuilding in IFOEdit, the DVD was probably (And was.) salvageable just with some missing contents. And, again thankfully, that missing content portion was an interview in an extra.

I always did find it interesting that instead of failing to read the disc because of the bad spot, AnyDVD returned it was structural protection.

Last edited:
Back