• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

8.3.8.0 Install Error

WhiteFox

Hello!

Have tried installing this latest version several times, even re-downloaded, and rebooted my Win 7 64bit (with all updates), but I keep getting this error during install.

Everything works if I install ver 8360. Not sure why this is happening. See screenshot.

Attachments

• AnyDVD-8380.jpg
    AnyDVD-8380.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 49
Have tried installing this latest version several times, even re-downloaded, and rebooted my Win 7 64bit (with all updates), but I keep getting this error during install.
Everything works if I install ver 8360. Not sure why this is happening. See screenshot.

I've never seen this before, either, try this, please:
  • Exit AnyDVD
  • Install
If that doesn't help
  • In AnyDVDs program settings untick "autostart"
  • Reboot
  • Install

I realize that no one will care - or remedy my situation. But I cannot load the latest firmware because my Windows 7 OS is not able to install its SP1 upgrade. There is no support for this of course but I hate windows 10 and have been fighting upgrading to it. This is very aggravating since I bought lifetime licenses for this software AND the former company's versions, along with the Blu-Ray copy CloneBD program to complement it. So I am without help or empathy. Leet freedom ring.

What do you mean firmware? What problems are you having? Please create your own topic and provide a lot more info what the problem is.

With the overload of info you provided, right now, we indeed can't help you. Not that we don't want too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I realize that no one will care - or remedy my situation. But I cannot load the latest firmware because my Windows 7 OS is not able to install its SP1 upgrade. There is no support for this of course but I hate windows 10 and have been fighting upgrading to it. This is very aggravating since I bought lifetime licenses for this software AND the former company's versions, along with the Blu-Ray copy CloneBD program to complement it. So I am without help or empathy. Leet freedom ring.
I am still running Win7. The SP1 update was a long time ago. I had no problem with it, or any updates since then. I do not have any problem with Redfox updates either. If you cannot do OS updates to your system, that is a local problem. I do not see how you think Redfox is responsible for keeping OS updates on your machine.

post can be ignored then. Thx for the update

I've never seen this before, either, try this, please:
  • Exit AnyDVD
  • Install

Pete, thanks for your quick support. Your first suggestion of exiting my 8.3.6.0 and installing version 8380 worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Pete, thanks for your quick support. Your first suggestion of exiting my 8.3.6.0 and installing version 8380 worked perfectly. Thanks again!
OK, thank you for the feedback.
AnyDVD's installer normally exits and restarts AnyDVD automatically, but apparently that didn't work.

Just to clarify work around:
Delete 8.3.8.0 but keep previous version of AnyDVD
Go into previous AnyDVD version and untick Autostart in Program Settings
Reboot
Download 8.3.8.0 and install. Install should go without any issues.

Thanks WhiteFox

There shouldn't be a need to delete anything. Just close anydvd down (rightclick > exit, on the system tray icon) and it should install just fine.

Back