8.3.8.0 Install Error

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by WhiteFox, Aug 8, 2019.

1. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Well-Known Member

Hello!

Have tried installing this latest version several times, even re-downloaded, and rebooted my Win 7 64bit (with all updates), but I keep getting this error during install.

Everything works if I install ver 8360. Not sure why this is happening. See screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

I've never seen this before, either, try this, please:
    • Exit AnyDVD
    • Install
    If that doesn't help
    • In AnyDVDs program settings untick "autostart"
    • Reboot
    • Install

3. Richardeen Anderson

Richardeen Anderson New Member

@WhiteFox. Did Pete's suggestions resolve your install problem for AnyDVD ver 8360? I ask because I have the same problem with Windows 7 64-bit.

4. MJfromMD

MJfromMD New Member

I realize that no one will care - or remedy my situation. But I cannot load the latest firmware because my Windows 7 OS is not able to install its SP1 upgrade. There is no support for this of course but I hate windows 10 and have been fighting upgrading to it. This is very aggravating since I bought lifetime licenses for this software AND the former company's versions, along with the Blu-Ray copy CloneBD program to complement it. So I am without help or empathy. Leet freedom ring.

5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

What do you mean firmware? What problems are you having? Please create your own topic and provide a lot more info what the problem is.

With the overload of info you provided, right now, we indeed can't help you. Not that we don't want too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

6. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

I am still running Win7. The SP1 update was a long time ago. I had no problem with it, or any updates since then. I do not have any problem with Redfox updates either. If you cannot do OS updates to your system, that is a local problem. I do not see how you think Redfox is responsible for keeping OS updates on your machine.

7. Pete

RedFox 1 likes this.
  8. Ch3vr0n

post can be ignored then. Thx for the update

9. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Well-Known Member

Pete, thanks for your quick support. Your first suggestion of exiting my 8.3.6.0 and installing version 8380 worked perfectly. Thanks again!

BRCS likes this.
  10. Pete

OK, thank you for the feedback.
    AnyDVD's installer normally exits and restarts AnyDVD automatically, but apparently that didn't work.

BRCS likes this.
  11. Richardeen Anderson

Richardeen Anderson New Member

Just to clarify work around:
    Delete 8.3.8.0 but keep previous version of AnyDVD
    Go into previous AnyDVD version and untick Autostart in Program Settings
    Reboot
    Download 8.3.8.0 and install. Install should go without any issues.

Thanks WhiteFox

12. Ch3vr0n

There shouldn't be a need to delete anything. Just close anydvd down (rightclick > exit, on the system tray icon) and it should install just fine.