8.2.2.3 will not rip.

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by bluebolt, Mar 15, 2018.

1. bluebolt

bluebolt Active Member

I just installed 8.2.2.3, and when I insert a blu-ray disc and click "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..." the following pops up:

"Drive E: is not ready!"

Attached Files:

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Does Explorer recognize the disc, after AnyDVD has finished scanning?
    If not - do you insert the disc, while AnyDVD is running? Or do you start AnyDVD with the disc in the drive?

3. James

Forget the question. I can reproduce the problem, seems to be a "Windows XP thing". I'll look into it.

marlowe likes this.
  4. bluebolt

bluebolt Active Member

Thanks, James, and FYI as you might imagine I'm seeing the same problem on W2K Pro.

5. James

You do like ancient operating systems, don't you? :)
    AnyDVD 8.2.2.4 should fix the problem (I haven't tested W2K...)

6. bluebolt

bluebolt Active Member

Yes, I like my computers lean and fast (Windows 2000 Professional on the X99 platform) and under my control. The newer systems leave me feeling like it's microsoft's computer rather my own that I'm using.

My test rips went fine on XP and W2k Pro, so all is well here. You've done it again, James. Thank you.

7. Hackerjac

Hackerjac Well-Known Member

W2K, one of the, if not the best OS ever made by Microsoft

bluebolt likes this.
  8. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

You're absolutely right about that. And especially Windows 10 is the first Windows version that makes me think about slowly moving towards Linux.
    But it will become more and more difficult to support these older OSs. We're already using several workarounds to make the code work with XP and below - current compilers don't support these Windows versions anymore, and we're already using a several years old compiler.