• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

8.1.9.0 Status tab blank until a disc is inserted

dbminter

After updating the last Final release of AnyDVD to 8.1.9.0 today, I noticed, when I opened AnyDVD, that the Status tab was blank. No listing of any optical or virtual drives. After restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling and I still had a blank tab, I decided to try something else. I inserted a DVD movie disc into an optical drive and AnyDVD recognized it and populated the Status tab with all optical and virtual drive letters.

Is this intended behavior for 8.1.9.0? In the previous versions, the Status tab was always populated with the available optical and virtual drive letters, even when no disc was inserted. Was this changed in the latest version?

Thanks!

EDIT: It also populates if any disc is inserted. And AnyDVD populates the Status if a disc is in an optical drive before you run and then run AnyDVD.

Last edited:
Works fine for me, status tab shows details as normal for empty drives

Hm, odd. Doesn't do that for me. Even uninstalling and reinstalling the application doesn't work. It never started doing this until updating to 8.1.9.0.

However, I have really odd issues with drives anyway lately. For instance, when I mount an image as a virtual drive, there's no Notification that it was mounted until I open in it Windows Explorer. Then, it shows up.

When Fall Creators Update comes out, I will be restoring back to the system image made after the Creators Update was installed and update everything since then. I'll see if AnyDVD does this then, too, if no one else on the tech support side chimes in on my "issue."

EDIT: It's something that comes and goes, it seems. I tried opening and closing AnyDVD 3 times in a row after rebooting again. And, in all 3 times, Status was always populated on running AnyDVD. I closed and reopened AnyDVD a fourth time and Status was NOT populated.

Last edited:
As a test I exited and opened AnyDVD 10 times, still no issues using Win 10 1703

I also had problems after updating AnyDVD, but could have been my fault. I updated to version 8.1.9.0 but didn't restart my computer as prompted. I was in the middle of something else and thought that if I shut down the computer when finished, that when I restarted the computer at a later date, that would also count as a reboot for AnyDVD. Evidently it didn't.
When I restarted my computer the following day, AnyDVD refused to recognize either of my drives. What I did was to uninstall AnyDVD and then reinstall version 8.1.9.0. This time when prompted to reboot, I did, and everything has been working great.
I've done this before and have never had a problem so I'm not certain why it happened. I'm just glad that it turned out to be something simple.

I was prompted to reboot, too, and, though I didn't do it right away, I did it within less than 5 minutes after the update completed. Immediately after restarting Windows and letting it run, that's when I tested AnyDVD, as I do with any software update. And that's when it started Status not populating on me.

I've had other odd disc related issues. Like optical discs formatted as giant floppies saying they need repair scans when inserted, and find nothing wrong, but do restore the ability to read the disc contents and to write to them. So, I will see what's up when it comes time to update to Fall Creators Update. For now, this is more of a cosmetic "annoyance" than a dead in the water issue. I can get Status to populate by just inserting a disc into an optical drive.

Back