• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

7160 or later requires Actual Administrator

NathanBrazil

I DL'd 7160 a while back and tried to install it just the same as I always do which is usually with no problem.
I got a message "You must be logged in as Administrator to install... etc".
I thought this odd since my account is an administrator AND I was clicking "Run as Administrator" to execute it, but no dice.
I decided to wait a few days in case this issue turned up in the forums but I didn't see anything. I figured it was a glitch and would be fixed with 7170, but no, I got the same message. I got an idea and tried installing it using the actual account named "Administrator" and it worked. It still installed to a directory under the account of the user I usually use to install it though, and now I have the You have no DVD drives, buy one! (Which is childish and insulting by the way.)

Are these two items related in any way?

I DL'd 7160 a while back and tried to install it just the same as I always do which is usually with no problem.
I got a message "You must be logged in as Administrator to install... etc".
I thought this odd since my account is an administrator AND I was clicking "Run as Administrator" to execute it, but no dice.
I decided to wait a few days in case this issue turned up in the forums but I didn't see anything. I figured it was a glitch and would be fixed with 7170, but no, I got the same message. I got an idea and tried installing it using the actual account named "Administrator" and it worked. It still installed to a directory under the account of the user I usually use to install it though, and now I have the You have no DVD drives, buy one! (Which is childish and insulting by the way.)

Are these two items related in any way?

You gave little helpful information to gleam off to know what is going on to begin to even give you help.

Revised - Any admin account but mine works and more information.

Windows 7 Professional fully patched, i7 860 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM.
Norton Security Suite (Comcast)

Norton is disabled by Settings => Antivirus => Real-Time Protection => OFF during the attempted installation.

I just created a new administrator account named TEST and installed AnyDVD HD from that account with no problems. From these three data points I will infer that any account other than my main one might work.

Obviously this is a problem on my computer, I'm not blaming SlySoft. Still, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Check and see how many are Admin and regular users and what privileges they have? It sounds like one of the users have a corrupted account. But if your Admin is corrupted that isn't a good thing. The True Admin account is hidden by default and you have to activate it to see it but the Owner does match close to the Admin user. Also I get rid of this problem as it is more bloatware then being of any real use...

Norton is disabled by Settings => Antivirus => Real-Time Protection => OFF during the attempted installation.

I seen where boot time and load time is so bogged down with Norton loading that it is a pretty worthless program to have. And also Malware and Virus looking for Norton computers to infect and turn to Zombies into botnet. So that would be another big reason to not use it. But if your Admin aka Owner account is messed up then you will have to wipe it clean to fix the problem of corrupted files. Not on Windows7 if you have many users unless they have Admin account they won't install unless you enter the password to allow installation. This is done so you protect the Main User and Admin from Virus and Malware infection.

Back