• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

6.1.2.5 "No drive detected" and no more optical drives

harooj

After downloading anydvd 6.1.2.5 I received the "no drive detected" with the four possible solutions. I've tried uninstall/install/reboot to no avail. I've used CCLeaner to tidy things up. My two DVD/CD drives are also now totally inoperable and I cannot find them in "Device Manager".

Anybody else have any ideas before I resort to using the Restore disc?

Thanks.

Hi :)
Welcome to the froum.:clap:
First check bios. Then uninstall the ide channels via device manager, reboot & let windows redicover them. Hopefully along with your drives. If both drives are on same cable maybe the fault lies there.

After downloading anydvd 6.1.2.5 I received the "no drive detected" with the four possible solutions. I've tried uninstall/install/reboot to no avail. I've used CCLeaner to tidy things up. My two DVD/CD drives are also now totally inoperable and I cannot find them in "Device Manager".

Anybody else have any ideas before I resort to using the Restore disc?

Thanks.
I recently had the same thing happen to me with Vista and EMC 9. I lost all my drives. I found a solution on another forum, do not remember which one, but I downloaded a small zipped utility that restored the drives for me. It's called CDGone. It's a zip file. All my drives appeared and are now working just fine. I can e-mail you the zipped file if you like or if there's a way to post it here I can do that.

Note: CDGone removes the UpperFilters and LowerFilters. It also removes 4 other portions of the registry.

Still no drives

Thanks for the suggestions. So far, I have
- uninstalled AnyDVD (and reinstalled several times)
- uninstalled the IDE channels from Device Manager and had them reinstalled upon reboot
- disconnected the IDE cables from the drives and reconnected them
- deleted the upper and lower filters from the registry edit, including through CDgone
After months of relatively faultless copying/burning, I'm close to buying a new computer. I assume I will somehow be able to transfer 1Click and AnyDVD.

If your computer won't find the drives with AnyDVD disabled or uninstalled at boot-up, it very unlikely AnyDVD caused them to dissapear. Try using "System restore" (under System Tools) to restore the system to a few weeks ago.

-W

Thanks for the suggestions. So far, I have
- uninstalled AnyDVD

This isn't an anydvd issue then. And yes if you keep your license key file backed up you will be able to move Anydvd to another system.

Back