• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

50GB B-R - Plexdisc as good as Japan 4X Verbatim discs?

njweb

I just ordered two packs of 10 Plexdisc 50GB BD-Rs:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IMS8MI4?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image#customerReviews

Are the above Plextor discs as good as the following which I bought last time and which turned out NOT to be the discs I expected:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056DURHW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had hoped they would be the following manufacturer / Media ID as posted by Coopervid:
https://geizhals.eu/verbatim-bd-r-d....html?hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=eu&hloc=pl&hloc=uk
Media Code: MEI-T02-001

Well, I did not get the same media ID as you guys for the Verbatim JP 4x discs (I got the 20 pack - see bold link above) - Amazon 210 pack of Verbatim JP had the same look, same wrapping / labeling as the 50 pack from geizhals but different MID, unless even the 50 pack is no longer the MID you posted).
When I opened the spindle and mine are: MID: VERBAT-IMf-000
:(

Anyway are the Plexdisc 50GB (top link above) as good as the VERBAT-Imf-000?
This MID / code is the same one as even my Philips discs have (still have 10 - 12 Philips blanks)...

You know you should burn as slow as possible using a Pioneer drive. If you live in EU you can send me a disc from that batch. I will burn a movie and scan it with the LiteOn drive. You could also add a disc burned with your drive to have the quality checked. Let me know and send me a PM.

You know you should burn as slow as possible using a Pioneer drive. If you live in EU you can send me a disc from that batch. I will burn a movie and scan it with the LiteOn drive. You could also add a disc burned with your drive to have the quality checked. Let me know and send me a PM.

Thanks a lot for the offer!
Yes, per the discussion and recommendations in our prior thread messages, I switched to 2X burning.

I am still in the US (see 50GB thread or earlier PMs).

I still have a short time (hopefully) to cancel the Plexdisc order, so I wanted to check if anyone here had perhaps tried the Plexdisc (reviews are mostly very favorable).
If the Plexdisc are not as good, I could cancel the order and get the Verbatim JP 20 pack again (50 would be too many for my needs); not much time left though since the Plexdiscs will be shipped at any time now (due for delivery Wed - currently not showing shipped yet).

PS: In any case, given BD-Rs reportedly only last a few years (I only started in March of this year so no old discs to validate actual disc longevity), I plan to 're-burn' them all to M-disc for long term storage, if and when 50GB M-Disc prices drop - they are over $6 a disc currently (not including tax).

These seem to be: Media ID: RITEK-DR3-000.

No idea if they are any good. You should be able to get a 50 spindle of the Mitsubishi for approx. $150. Try ebay.

These seem to be: Media ID: RITEK-DR3-000.

No idea if they are any good. You should be able to get a 50 spindle of the Mitsubishi for approx. $150. Try ebay.

Thanks!
Unfortunately 50 discs is too many as mentioned. 20 discs is enough for me actually. Otherwise I would try the ones you suggested from either geizhals or eBay.
Since my 20 pack of Verbatim 50GB JP 4X were not the MEI-T02-001, I did not want to bother getting those again IF they are the same as the more affordable Plexdisc...

Just wanna say that nowadays even with verbatim it's pretty much a gamble. The brand has been bought by CMC Magnetics that alongside RITEK are the leading brand in crappy blank disc quality.

Now this can go 3 ways. Either it'll improve the quality of CMCMAG disc's,or it'll reduce quality verbatim blanks (VERBAT-IMx-yyy disc ID), or everything will remain the same.

I hope for option 3, i doubt option 1, but probably option 2 is gonna happen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just wanna say that nowadays even with verbatim it's pretty much a gamble. The brand has been bought by CMC Magnetics that alongside RITEK are the leading brand in crappy blank disc quality.

Now this can go 3 ways. Either it'll improve the quality of CMCMAG disc's,or it'll reduce quality verbatim blanks (VERBAT-IMx-yyy disc ID), or everything will remain the same.

I hope for option 3, i doubt option 1, but probably option 2 is gonna happen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Did you follow this thread? And the information it provides?
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/bd-50gb.80418/page-9#post-534846

Back