• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

5.1.1.0 works with Vista (?)

Waethorn

I'd like to know if anybody can test out Virtual CloneDrive version 5.1.1.0 on Windows Vista and confirm that it works.

I've had that version ever since it was out and it's worked flawlessly for me.

I'd also like to get some metrics on testing in-between versions from 5.1.1.0 to 5.1.4.5 (which doesn't work) so we can get reports on which is the highest code version that works.

This is for Windows Vista x32 users only. Please indicate the version you attemped to install, and whether or not it BSOD's Windows either very shortly after installing, or at each reboot.

Note: For BSOD problems, please use "Last Known Good Configuration" (LKGC) in the Windows Startup menu (F8 menu before Windows starts) to get Windows running again. That seems to work just fine. The new version app will install correctly, but the driver is what causes the BSOD's and will be either removed, or backdated to the previous version, depending on if you had a previously working version when you use LKGC. I myself am using app version 5.1.4.5 with driver 5.1.1.0 because of LKGC, with absolutely no issues.

I'd like to know if anybody can test out Virtual CloneDrive version 5.1.1.0 on Windows Vista and confirm that it works.

I've had that version ever since it was out and it's worked flawlessly for me.

I'd also like to get some metrics on testing in-between versions from 5.1.1.0 to 5.1.4.5 (which doesn't work) so we can get reports on which is the highest code version that works.

This is for Windows Vista x32 users only. Please indicate the version you attemped to install, and whether or not it BSOD's Windows either very shortly after installing, or at each reboot.

Note: For BSOD problems, please use "Last Known Good Configuration" (LKGC) in the Windows Startup menu (F8 menu before Windows starts) to get Windows running again. That seems to work just fine. The new version app will install correctly, but the driver is what causes the BSOD's and will be either removed, or backdated to the previous version, depending on if you had a previously working version when you use LKGC. I myself am using app version 5.1.4.5 with driver 5.1.1.0 because of LKGC, with absolutely no issues.

This is a known problem of Virtual CloneDrive's installation routine on Vista. It happens, if you install VCD on a machine where it already is installed. In this case VCD will be installed twice and boom.
A Vista compatible version of VCD will be ready soon. In the meantime, make sure to uninstall VCD before installing or updating another version.

Back