• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

4k UHD Stand Alone Players Question

rgs825

I own the Sony and the first Samsung UHD 4k player, and neither of them will play BDR-XL discs. I thought I saw someone post where the Oppo 205 would read them. Does anyone know if this is true?

Sorry if this is the wrong area to ask this. If so please delete.

I own the Sony and the first Samsung UHD 4k player, and neither of them will play BDR-XL discs. I thought I saw someone post where the Oppo 205 would read them. Does anyone know if this is true?

Sorry if this is the wrong area to ask this. If so please delete.

Hello.

I don't know, if the OPPO player is able to do that, but I do know (because I have it) that PANASONIC DMP-UB900 plays BDR-XLs fine, because I have tested them on it.

Wrong section, moved. The AnyDVD blu-ray issues section is for blu-ray disc issues only. Not about third party standalone players. Moved to high def hardware

The Oppo 203/205 players cannot read BDXL 100GB TL discs. At present I think those are the only type BDXL blanks you can buy.

I own the Sony UBP-X700 and it will play verbatim bdxl discs so long as the data does not exceed ~66gb. Does the Panasonic dmp-ub900 play bdxl discs with more than 66gb written to it?

I own the Sony UBP-X700 and it will play verbatim bdxl discs so long as the data does not exceed ~66gb. Does the Panasonic dmp-ub900 play bdxl discs with more than 66gb written to it?

Yes, it does. I recorded discs that contain more than 90GB and the DMP-UB900 plays it fine.

Since apparently only a few users from this forum burn UHD-BD, I think it's nice when information about standalone players appear. I currently have an X-Box One S and would like to buy shortly a new, capable player.
Would be nice to get information on current devices, because the UB900 is no longer the current top model from Panasonic.

greetings

You're right, but the newest players are fourth generation.
Actual players should work better with burned UHD.
Shuttering pictures and audio drop out should be less now, I think.The new top model will be released in August.(Germany)

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if the new top model will support Dolby Vision ?

Last edited:
Back