• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

4K Screencap Software Query

Blofelds Cat

Hello.

I own a licence for PowerDVD Ultra 17 but while it happily, and smoothly, plays a 4K 'MKV' file on my PC, the 'frame capture' option is greyed-out.

When I play the same file in the latest version of VLC, playback of the same 4K file is impossible beyond a few seconds (so can't exploit the 'frame capture' option). I researched the playback issue on the VLC forum but the suggested GPU-based workarounds had no positive effect whatsoever.

I recently downloaded a media-player called '5K' but that kept crashing while trying to load the abovementioned file.

According to VLC, the codec is 'MPEG-H Part 2/HEVC (H.265) (hevc)'.

Can anyone suggest a 'PowerDVD' workaround or a media-player, with a 'frame capture' option, that will actually play this file?

Cheers.

Back