• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

4K Player Without Cinavia?

Olympic

Does anyone know if there is any 4K Blu-Ray player that does not have Cinavia?

Thanks.

NONE licensed ones anyway. 4K came AFTER the BD standard was finalised and cinavia is a part of the standard. licensed 4k player = cinavia

NONE licensed ones anyway. 4K came AFTER the BD standard was finalised and cinavia is a part of the standard. licensed 4k player = cinavia

Any non-licensed ones? Anything to play 4K without Cinavia?

Also, I don't want to get off topic, but I assume that Cinex program lowers audio quality?

Thanks.

no clue, don't have 4k content or players. As far as cinex goes, you're on the wrong forum.

I recently purchased a 4K TV and a 4K player to go with it. My player is a Samsung UBD-M7500. I played 4 movies that I personally backed-up on blank blu-ray media that are KNOWN to have cinavia protection. All 4 movies played through without interruption. I have no idea why - I thought cinavia was the law. I did read somewhere it might have something to do with my connection method but I can't see how a simple hdmi connection direct from player to TV is related. Since this player is backwards compatible with most all media and the blu-ray movies I played were NOT 4K, and since it's price is about US$100, It's probably a good choice for a new player even if you don't have a 4K tv. The manual made no reference at all, anywhere, to cinavia. In case it makes a difference, my TV is LG OLED 55" C7.

Back