• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

4k in chrome and 4k in mpc hc with 5 percent cpu usage with rx 470 video card and latest drivers.

gereral1

Hardware used:

CPU Type
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor

Graphics Chipset
Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics
Memory Size
4096 MB

Windows Version
Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)

MPC HC with LATEST LAV FILTERS.
DTSDecoder.dll for truehd and dtsmasterhd decoding

Sony xbr 850c 65' 4k compatible tv

GA-790XTA-UD4 (rev. 1.0) with 8 gig of ram

In mpc hc under Playback OUTPUT:
Basically what I did was disable MADVR and used Enhanced Video Render (custom presenter)
and enabled d3d fullsceen option and reintalize when changing display
Resize to bilnear and evr buffers to 5

Playback FULLSCREEN:

Checked exit fullscreen at the end of playback (This is for my mediabrowser plugin interface to return to media center windows 7

Took the check out of autochange fullscreen monitor mode

INTERNAL FILTERS:

Check all source filters enable
Transform filters uncheck everythign except
mgeg1 video,mgeg2 video

External filters select add filter and select browse button and go add the .AX file for the lav filters your custom install. This is very import. Select prefer

If you have ffdshow video decoder add it and select block
Add the LAV Audio decoder and select Prefer

Load a movie and right click and goto FILTERS section in mpc hc.
Under the filter tab double click on lav video filters.
Under video settings tab select hardware decoder to use: Select cuda for nevida and dxva2 for rx 460 470 480 users. Check all resolutions and press apply.

On desktop right click and choose Screen resolution
Set 2560x1440. This will ENSURE the frame fits perfect ion your 4k tv. If you choose 4096x2160 the relive radeon driver will flicker. My tv confirmed by pressing the display button on remote it was full 4k 3840x2160. I know 4096x2160 is the one I want to reach but I can get a pretty dam god picture with 0 tearing at this resolution.

Thats it. When you import any 4k with any color spec it will play on your 4k tv in fulll resolution with about 5 percent cpu usage.

For google chrome type in vp9 blocker and add it as an extention. Make sure your widnows resolution is 2560x1440 and you can now click on any full resolution 4 k youtube video in 30p 60p at max and get a perrfect playback in browser. My cpu was using 44 percent while watching 4k in browser and 5 percent in mpc hc as the hardware was taking over of the rx470. They are in the next couple weeks going to support vp9 decoding so you will no longer need the vp9 blocker for chrome.

Later...... P:S If I have time I will throw a video up in Hometheater 101 for users who want 4k on older equipment in and out of browser. Cant wait to play with relive and h265 encoding on the fly...... in 4k 30fps.... kaby lake on chip decoding can go pound sand now......

Just tested more youtube 4k and its awsome.

I set desktop resolution by right clicking on desktop and moving thew slider to 3840x2160 AFTER I EXITED out of any video app. If you don't exit all video player apps it will corrupt. The screen blinked black then came back and I retested everything mpc hc and youtube with PERFECT playback at this windows resolution. For browser I hold CTRL key mouse wheel up to zoom in text because shit is SMALL now at this resolution (or you can set windows dpi to fix this). Well I guess I am done with this article as everything works. I downloaded some hdr samples and full 10 bit samples and everything works perfect. Just google for these downloads.

This sample chocked my pc before my RX 470 install and chocked after because mcphc was trying to decode with my 4 core cpu. Once hardware gpu decoding was setup correctly 5 percent cpu and the video is soooooo smooth and the colors are awsome.

This is the name of the video sample

Samsung_HDR_-_Chasing_the_Light (762meg) for a min 1/2 test LOL

Powerdvd16 is acting like its chocking on this video.......figures.....

Last edited:
If you want a visual test these (2) and others there will definitely impress you on your system :)

Search for :
[2160p] 4K-HD.Club-2013-Taipei 101 Fireworks Trailer (4ksamples.com)

SES.Astra.UHD.Test.2.2160p.UHDTV.HEVC.x265-LiebeIst.mkv

the SES one will blow your mind

Quaote from a site:
his is pretty fucking huge. They don't have NVENC (Nvidia's Hardware Encoder) support yet. Means AMD cards can use the best video conversion program out there first !

I've looked for so long for an alternative to handbrake... no other application is as clean. and for cpu encoding handbrake is king even when comparing against paid software. Maybe this will push me over the edge to get AMD?

The big question here is... will the videos be rendered using both cpu + gpu (like photoshop) or is it going to only render using gpu?

Going to try encoding a H264 file to h265 HEVC to see how much hard drive space I can save on a bluray movie. I can use My polaris built in encoder hehe......

Sdk for Polaris h265 was released this week. Now handbrake can add hardware encoding h264 and h265 and cut render time 75 percent! This is the main reason I bought rx470 card. 4k works perfect mpc hc with lav filters set to hardware decoding. Stay away from rx460. Only 470 a d 480 support 30fps 4k really recording at 50mbit. Relive works great but the record icon stays on the screen in the top left corner for desktop capture. I've seen some time 1080p hevc samples taking a 171meg 1 min capture down to 15mbit at 1080p 50fps 91megs for 1min. This will take a 20 gig h264 and make it a 10.5gig file give or take at h265. Huge hard drive savings. Then I can play these files with untouched audio but and half size. What's takes 4 1/2 hrs to compress software will now take 1hr with this new 2 pass Sdk from Polaris h265. Intresting stuff. Someone will come out with a relive version that can capture desktop without that dam icon. Tests from Hauppauge hdmi in at 1080p played perfect in powerdvd16 at 4k resolution captures even though the input was 1080 60p. Relive shows haup page as an input device. The file created hevc h265 with 0 jitter of desktop capture to satay wd drive. H265 capture is new tech. Be great if camstudio would support doing this so you could crop section of a app window to record. The audio finds my audio 1010lt as well as Realtek hdmi audio but it's 2 channel stereo. To keep this legal I'm going to test hdmi in with my canon g30 to produce 1080p at 60 fps into hevc h265. Adobe premiere allows natIve import of h265 in its newest version. Obs I'd talking about hdmi capture of direct to capture hdmi in of Hauppauge products. Also talking about the new hardware decoder of Polaris. This will be the hottest topic over the next month's as programmers now have full Sdk access to this hardware decoder. Keep you updated on new findings. What this has to do with Redfox? The blurry are h264. Fast conversion using handbrake into h265 will save almost 50 percent hard drive space without any quality loss. With 4k a 35gig file can be made at bluray sizes of 17.5 in 4k. This make 4k possible for htpc applications. A 4k disk is 50 gig. This is crazy. 17.5 or even 15gig would produce very nice clean image. Too many people on the net talk about Blackmagic and 1 gig a sec. To do this correctly a relive type app steaming to 4k file will prevent you having to use ssd drives to capture insane uncompressed sizes. Sony ax100 uses its codec to capture nice 4k into manageable sizes to edit. Relive does the same as your camcorders.

Last edited:
Back