• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3D

wayne1938

It's been awhile since coming to the forum and didn't notice anything new about copying 3D movies.
Is there any time frame on that or is it still on the to do list?

Yup, we're still waiting for it. Would love to see frame packed MKV's.

i'm waiting on full/partial disc copy mode ^^

I do have a program that does both full/partial copy for 3D movies, but it wont defeat Cinavia, so it's a crap shoot with a big chance of making coasters out of expensive discs.
I just did the latter with Jurassic World 3D.
Have several 3D movies I would like to make backups, but will just have to wait until CloneBD will do 3D.

:whistle:

so do i, a backup tool. That's the only thing left i use it for. Main tool now is CLBD and a big part of that is hw enc/dec

Hello,
My experiences with 3D-Blu-Ray copies (1:1) are: AnyDVD HD with the setting "remove Cinavia from CloneBD audio files while copying" (check mark). Then I let AnyDVD HD 8.1.2.0 read the 3D-Blu-Ray and make a copy from this Movie with a free CD-DVD-Blu-Ray burning program. This stored the Copy in the cache from this burning program and after the reading I put an empty DL-Blu-Ray into my LG-Drive and then I burn at six speed. I play the 3D Copy with a Standalone-Player Type Panasonic DMP-BDT220. 3D-Eyewear set up and go....
Tested with "Phantastische Tierwesen und wo sie zu finden sind" and "Die Insel der besonderen Kinder"

Greeting Hollowdobby

Translated from the German with Bing Translater

Last edited:
That's nothing. We're not talking about 1:1's here. We're talking about shrinking to BD25 or MKV. 1:1 is easy. Rip to ISO, burn iso with IMGburn. All done

Hello,

is there a tutorial to generate any 3D MKV files with Clone BD which explains the correct configuration for the "3D format"?

The one I found just explains that there is a possibilty to select one but not what the differences of these formats are and how to choose the right one.

Thanks for your answer Ch3vr0n. So it is just a question of preference or display device compatibility? I thought it also had to do with avoiding headaches and so on :)

If you notice getting headaches or 'sync' issues between glasses and video if could mean that you indeed need to swap to right/left instead of default left/right. But I think on these forums so far there has only 1 report by a user that need to do that.

RL is very uncommon compared to the default. (I think 90% is LR or even more).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks, Hollowdobby, Chevron and Hermann for the information.
I was wondering about how to do the 3D MKV file.
Will follow those instructions on that link and play around with the results and programs suggested.

(y)

Sorry guys, but this is all new to me, so have a couple questions.
I have taken a 3D movie and made it a MKV file like that link instructed, that part was straight forward and pretty easy.
I have a separate SSD drive I only use for storage. I put the MKV file on that and can access it with no problem. I can play the MKV file on my computer and it comes up with the top/bottom split screen.
My questions. 1- how does that get rid of the Cinavia problem? 2- What is a free program I can use to burn that MKV file to Blu-ray disc to make the disc play on my samsung player?
Sorry if these are goofy questions, but as I said, this is all new to me.
Thanks

I guess I am misunderstanding the whole copying to a MKV file and what it does.
I found I can burn the MKV file using Nero 2015.
I made a 3D move doing that and it does play in 3D just fine, for 20 minutes then Cinavia rears it's ugly head.
I am having AnyDVD HD read the disk, with the Remove Cinavia watermark checked.
Just giving up on it until when and if CloneBD gets the 3D feature in their program.
Wasting too many discs.

There are only three input options I find in the CloneBD program, those being ISO, folder, and Blu-ray disc. I have several AnyDVDHD rips (Cinavia being detected) that were converted to high-quality .mkv files via Handbrake. While I can watch them trouble-free on my Windows PC, the Cinavia watermark appears after about 20 minutes using my post-2012 Blu-ray players. I can convert the infected .mkv file into a Blu-ray folder using AVCHDCoder, and subsequently eliminate the Cinavia issue by executing a 1:1 copy via CloneBD. Since this is a time-consuming and coding-laborious process (especially using AVCHDCoder), is there any way CloneBD (or one of its derivatives) can be made to accept media files directly for processing? Best regards, Dana

Dana.
Thank you for that information.
They retired me 14 years ago so have plenty of time to check on things, I actually look forward to new things, time consuming or not.
Will do as you suggested. Hope for the same results you get.
Thanks again
Wayne

Thanks for your answer Ch3vr0n. So it is just a question of preference or display device compatibility? I thought it also had to do with avoiding headaches and so on :)

The reason for your headaches/fatigue you may experience watching 3D TV is because your brain and eyes are being totally confused.

When watching 3D TV, if an object "appears" to be say 1 metre from your face then your brain says you need to refocus your eyes to 1 metre and in fact also move your eyes inward slightly (as you would in the REAL world).

BUT the focus point is NOT 1 metre even though it "appears" to be, unlike the REAL world, the focal point is in fact ALWAYS the same distance no matter where the object "appears" to be, that distance being the distance you are from the display.

This drives your eyes and brain crazy when watching 3D TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
It took awhile, but finally got the 3D Blu-ray with cinavia copied and works fine without it crashing at the 20 minute mark.
Copied the movie to a MKV file and made the audio codec AC3 and all went well.
Seems to take a little longer than before, but that's not a problem.
A bonus for me is I can use a 25Gig disk rather than the 50Gig disk.

Back