• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3D Lost When Using 1:1 Copy Mockingjay Pt 1 3D Region B to Region Free with CloneBD

tosgorn

Hello,

I have the German Mockingjay Part 1 3D blu ray. I want to make a 1:1 copy so I can watch on a sony region 1 player.

Environment:
Windows 10
AnyDVD 8.4.8.0
CloneBD - Currently trial version 1.2.8.1 64 bit.

First I tried my usual steps where I used AnyDVD Ripper to create a region free ISO that I could burn on a dual layer BD, as I have done for other 3D region B discs. The copy "worked", but then I learned the audio the disc protected with Cinavia. I then found I needed to use CloneBD to remove the Cinavia protection.

I downloaded CloneBD and I enabled "Remove Cinavia watermark from CLoneBD audio stream" in the settings. I am using a trial until I am sure it works.

I then used CloneBD to make a 1:1: copy to a dual layer BD. I realize I made the mistake of keeping "use original audio", so the Cinavia protection was not removed.

My Problem (3D is lost):
Ignoring my Cinavia mistake, the issue is that the duplicate disk was converted to 2D. When I select to play the 3D title from the menu, it plays in 2D. I do not know why. I tried looking in the tutorials, but I do not see a reason for this. Since I did a 1:1 copy, I would expect it play in 3D.

I want to create another duplicate disk with the Cinavia removed, but before I do that, I want to make sure I do not waste another dual layer disc. How do I keep the title in 3D in the copy?

Second Question:
Instead of immediately burning the dual layer BD, if I were to instead make an ISO using CloneBD with the audio downconverted to remove Cinavia, can I later burn that ISO with Nero, or do I always have to burn the ISO using CloneBD to make sure Cinavia is removed or will it try to reprocess the audio a second time when burning the image?

I hope the question is clear.

Thank you for your help.

CloneBD currently does NOT support making 1:1 disc to disc 3D backups. Period. Only conversion to SBS/OU

As to wasting discs, well isn't that what they invented rewriteable discs for?

Back