• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3D demo blu-ray expire Date - remove possible?

godu

Hello!

I have a 3D demo blu-ray disc with an expiry date - are AnyDVD able to remove this date? When I make a full backup (1:1 - ISO) is the expiry date also on the backup disc?

Thanks!

You know you need to produce a log file before one of the developers can help.

Sorry - here they are...

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.6.0_Info_F_PBD_3D001.zip
    117.7 KB · Views: 3
Code:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.6.6.0)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-205 1.04 09/12/02PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 12219392 sectors (23866 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: PBD_3D001
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 14
Removed AACS copy protection!

There is no BD+. The only way I can imagine they plan to expire this demo disk is to revoke the AACS key. So, if this is the case AnyDVD handles this already. Lets see what James or Peer have to say here.

Thanks Mike! So I'm waiting for an answer from James or Peer.

An easy way to expire a disc would be by checking the date in the BD-J code (and this would also be easy to circumvent).
Bit there is no BD-J code on this disc (I think, that's what mike_r actually meant, when he wrote BD+).

revoking an AACS key for a particular disc is not possible.

Other means of expiring involve AACS (like the content revocation list), but these only work with AACS active.

So yes, I don't see any other way how this disc can expire with AnyDVD active.

Another way that it was planned to "expire" a disk in the past was to use a dye that would deteriorate when exposed to light. This way was proposed for postal rental companies that would send discs in a light sealed packaging. When you opened it you had a 7 day guarantee that it would work, after this it would start to fade until useless.

I don't know if this ever took off, but could be something to consider.

Thanks Peer and Mike!

On the disc is a label "Expiration on 31Dec10" and the following comment:

WARNING:
Use behind the set time period is a breach of contract and liable for damages

Thanks Peer and Mike!

On the disc is a label "Expiration on 31Dec10" and the following comment:

WARNING:
Use behind the set time period is a breach of contract and liable for damages

So, it's a "legal expiration" then... :)

Back