• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3D Blu-Ray and streaming/Cinavia?

mjonis

A few questions:

1) I like to watch 3D Blu-Rays, along with regular Blu-Ray. Are there any standalone players that can play 3D Blu-Ray that don't have Cinavia firmware? (not sure if 3D support requires firmware upgrades)? I currently have a PS3 and we all know where that leads to.

2) What about if you convert the 3D Blu Ray to a diff. format/streaming? Apparently that can bypass Cinavia, but I'm not sure if the conversion affects the quality or 3D Blu-Rays vs. DVD, etc.

Sorry for the dumb questions, just figured someone else has converted/streamed 3D Blu-Rays before and could tell me if the quality is affected (both video and audio).

At the moment nothing really 'bypasses' Cinavia, it either detects it or it doesn't. So you either have a player that will see it or you have a player that doesn't know it exists and therefore doesn't. Your best bet is to get a player that doesn't detect and use that, otherwise you have to convert to another format such as side by side MKV's which usually results in a loss of quality and resolution

Last edited:
Back