• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

300 HD_DVD Combo Disk not readable with AnyDVD HD

Noogie

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the 300 HD-DVD Combo (one side DVD, other side HD-DVD), Region 1, US release.

AnyDVD stops after several minutes scanning the HD_DVD with the error "HD: Error getting volume hash!". Powerdvd is not even running at this time.

I tried using the disk on the same PC without AnyDVD and with an analog monitor connection. The disk plays without problems in Power DVD Ultra.

Specs: E6300 2CoreDuo
Xpertvision GForce 7900GS (latest WHQL build 169.21)
Win XP SP 2
2 GB RAM

Any ideas?

Best,

Henning

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_300_HDDVD.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 8
I had a similar issue, but other folks seem to have had no problems. Those combo discs from Warner are notoriously flaky, so maybe you have a bad one.

I was unable to play or rip to hard drive. I could only make a ISO with ImgBurn and even then it failed at the same point but kept going after the retry popup all be it at a very, very slow pace.

What I don't understand is that this hd-dvd plays excellently without Anydvd (using an analog output). It's just that Anydvd can't read it.

So perhaps it is possible to fix it in another Anydvd update?

What I don't understand is that this hd-dvd plays excellently without Anydvd (using an analog output). It's just that Anydvd can't read it.

So perhaps it is possible to fix it in another Anydvd update?

Do you want to test that theory? :) Make an ISO image of it without AnyDVD running. Then when you mount it, reenable AnyDVD to decrypt the image on the fly. However, if you can't make the image with AnyDVD not running, then your disc is bad.

Thanks for the good idea. Indeed, when ripped to disk as an iso image Anydvd works perfectly. So you're proven right, there's something wrong with the disk. Anyway, at least I can watch the movie in high-def from hard disk. So thanks again for your help.

Back