• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

30 days of night

sherrie

:confused::confused:Can anyone help? 30 days of night will not copy. Any solutions?

:confused::confused:Can anyone help? 30 days of night will not copy. Any solutions?

Maybe on the 26th as that is when it is released to the general public so we all can get it and try as well. It's hard to help when the title isn't available to everyone.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

2) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

If you could be more specific about your problem I'm sure someone can help you out. "30 days of night will not copy" doesn't give us much to go on.

i copied beowulf and 30 days of night with anydvd 6315 and clonedvd 2915 with no problems full back up

beowulf and 30 days of night

hello all, had no problems copying beowulf and 30 days of night here either

One of the most maddening things about asking questions on forums... are hundreds of the replies... "works for me".

What really helps... is if you post, "how" it worked for you, or ask the individual to go into detail "how" they are trying to copy the DVD.

For instance, the main reason I have almost never run into any problems (with the rare exception of a bad disk).. is because:

I start AnyDVD.
Put in disk, let it read. (haven't as of yet used AnyDVD ripper)
Open CloneDVD.
Select Copy DVD Titles. (exception: DVDs like MXC, or other series type DVDs, where I'll choose to do the 1:1)
Select the main title... (or other title if that is a fake title set, which I do come here to ask or verify from other members)
Unselect all options other then the original language and only one sound option. No subtitles.. nothing.
Select the Folder option to rip too.

I typically use Nero to burn.. and I burn at the slowest speed (6x).

But.... for those of you that prefer to do the 1:1 copy of the movie, it would help those having issues.. for those of you that do not, to post exactly how you did it, the media you used, drives and their firmware versions. 8)

Last edited:
What really helps... is if you post, "how" it worked for you, or ask the individual to go into detail "how" they are trying to copy the DVD.

Nothing special is required for the disc the OP is having problems with. No special detail is required by anyone. The OP merely has to begin by answering the two questions I asked originally. Anything else is extraneous.

(haven't as of yet used AnyDVD ripper)

There's never any need to use Anydvd ripper if you own Clonedvd. A full disc rip from Clonedvd = the output from Anydvd ripper. And Clonedvd rips faster.

where I'll choose to do the 1:1

Nothing you do with Clonedvd is truly 1:1. Clonedvd is not a 1:1 sector copier. Clonecd is. Clonedvd remasters. The same hold true for both Shrink and Nero Recode.

I typically use Nero to burn

Unless you're using a third party program to compress (transcode or encode), this step is unnecessary since Clonedvd does burn.

Last edited:
For Both Beowulf and 30 days here is how I did it and it worked perfectly fine for me.
I'm new to dvd dual-layer copying myself but had no problems figuring this one out after reading afterdawn and slysoft forums for what worked best

I downloaded the trial versions of Anydvd, CloneDVD, and CloneCD

I installed all 3 with no hassle

restarted my computer

I made sure that Anydvd was runnign in teh background and put in my 30 days dvd

after Anydvd got done inspecting the disc I opened up CLoneDVD2 and did a Clone DVD (note i didn't use the first option clone titles or whatever) I made sure it was set to DVD DL option and then just clicked through everything else. I chose to write the disc then and there instead of doing an image or keeping the files etc.. i then inserted my blank DL disk (using TDK DVD+R DL discs from Newegg) and wrote the disc. I should also note i chose the loweest speed 2x burning

The only problem I found with the finished copy was that it didn't wanna play in my cheap $20 DVD player but worked perfect in my laptop and on my 360.

For Beowulf I read a bit more beforehand and thought I'd try Clonecd this time as it puts the layer break in teh same spot.. soo

I pretty much did everythign exactly the same as I did with 30 days but I used Clonecd instead and then wrote an image file .. i then created the disc from the image instead.

With Beowulf it played in my cheap dvd player but was a bit choppy... still played though better than 30 days did.

I made another copy this morning of beowulf and wrote at 1x instead from the same image i made yesterday.. this copy worked perfectly in all 3 players I have..

in short I recommend writing at 1x and using clonecd to make an image and then create your disc from the image.

I'm gettign ready to do that with 30 days right now to see if i can get a better copy this way than the first one/. i'll let you know later

I'm new to dvd dual-layer copying

What makes you think sherrie is using dual layer blanks?

dual = dvd -r DL
double = dvd +r DL

No one should be using dual layer blanks; it's a useless format.

Edit: Nevermind. I see you are using double layer blanks.

i then inserted my blank DL disk (using TDK DVD+R DL discs from Newegg) and wrote the disc.

Use Verbatim +R DL (perferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL only.

Your TDKs are either made by Ritek (yuck) or Ricoh.

The only problem I found with the finished copy was that it didn't wanna play in my cheap $20 DVD player but worked perfect in my laptop and on my 360.

Doesn't surprise me. Use Verbatim +R DL (perferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL only. Change the booktype to "dvd-rom" before bruning.

With Beowulf it played in my cheap dvd player but was a bit choppy... still played though better than 30 days did.

Again, use Verbatim +R DL (perferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL only. Change the booktype to "dvd-rom" before burning.

in short I recommend writing at 1x and using clonecd to make an image and then create your disc from the image.

No. Proper burn speed is completely dependent on the blank media you're using, your burner, and your burner's firmware.
You don't know that what blank media the OP is using nor the burner being used. Moreover, you don't even know if sherrie had a burning problem.

Look, if you folks want to write about what worked for you, then create a new thread please. Otherwise, I consider this to be thread hijacking. This thread is meant for sherrie to resolve sherrie's problem.

No one here knows what sherrie's problem is, because sherrie didn't provide any troubleshooting information.

Until Sherrie responds and provides the information I requested, I would appreciate if no one would respond to this thread since there's no point guessing what Sherrie's problem is. Yes, we all know that Anydvd handles this disc fine.

These random replies that probably do not apply to Sherrie's situation are too unrelated--and it just sidetracks from the main intent of this thread, which is to help Sherrie.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Last edited:
WoW. sorry.. I was trying to be helpful with my first post here by going through the steps that worked for me. I know verbatim is suppose to be better but they didn't have any so I had to go with a brand I thought would work. I plan to buy verbatim next time though. "Thread hi-jacking" was never my intention only to try and help.

WoW. sorry.. I was trying to be helpful with my first post here by going through the steps that worked for me. I know verbatim is suppose to be better but they didn't have any so I had to go with a brand I thought would work. I plan to buy verbatim next time though. "Thread hi-jacking" was never my intention only to try and help.

I understand and appreciate that you're trying to help. I understand and appreciate that everyone posting in this thread is trying to help. I'm not just addressing you. No apology is necessary.

But if someone calls you and simply tells you that he or she doesn't feel well (and hangs up), would you bother even attempting to try to help that person at that point? Why bother? The problem could be a thousand different things.

Similarly, "30 days of night will not copy. Any solutions?" isn't much to go on. Troubleshooting is pointless without more information from sherrie.

For what it's worth, I use Clonecd with Anydvd almost exclusively, but most people don't use Clonecd to backup their movies, much less double layer blank media. The odds of sherrie's problem being associated with either double layer blank media or Clonecd are low. The likelyhood of sherrie's problem being a read error using a program that is so far unnamed is a bit higher. But I don't know what sherrie's problem really is (nor does anyone else) because I am not a mind reader.

I will say this: 30 days doesn't have anything interesting on it with respect to protection.

Last edited:
Back