2D/3D Combo Disc to 2D Only.

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by DrXenos, Feb 18, 2022.

1. DrXenos

DrXenos Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I have very little experience with both CloneBD and 3D Blu-ray discs.

I have a combo disc that supports both "regular" blu-ray and 3D blu-ray players.

I'm wondering if I can use CloneBD to make a regular 2D blu-ray image out of it.

When I load it up in CloneBD, I only see one movie title (both versions share the same MPLS). I'm not sure which version it is, 3D or 2D (but one of the first screenshots has a big "3D").

How do I tell CloneBD I only want the 2D version? Or does the tool only support 2D anyway?

Thanks!

2. ALPHA

ALPHA Well-Known Member

3. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

If there is 3D material CBD will show you slight white 3D mark in MLPS. If you do a full backup and shrink it will be 2D anyway because CBD can't do this job for 3D.

4. DrXenos

I didn't see a 3D mark, but it's definitely a 3D disc (I can even play it as such in PowerDVD 13).

I have the whole disc saved as an ISO. What I want to do is also have the extracted blu-ray folders with the SSIF stripped out to save space.

5. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

I wiil have a look at my screenshots saved in a folder. On this you can see what I mean.

6. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

I had to look in an old backup Folder to explain what I ment with 3D logo in Stream:

Auswahl.jpg

Perhaps you donĀ“t see this by unknown circumstances but for me it is schown as in the picture above. :)

7. DrXenos

Do you mean the 3D in the first clip of the title? Yeah, I see that.

8. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

AFAIK only BDRebuilder can compress 3D movies and keep 3D if that is what you want. 2D from 3D should work in CBD.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  9. DrXenos

Thanks, but that not it. I have a 2D/3D combo disc. I was hoping to strip out the 3D and create just a regular 2D blu-ray from it (just so the rip doesn't take up so much space).