• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

24 vs 50 hz

karoloydi

Is it just in my head, or does 50 hz look better than 24p with reclock?
(I dont know about 48hz, my computer wont sync at that refresh rate).

Before making comparisions actually confirm your screen is displaying 24P and not just showing it at 60Hz, like my TV was.

At least yours does 50hz. My TV will only do 60hz over vga, will do 50hz over HDMI but it looks blurry at 1080p :( Guess thats what happens when you are poor. Whether I do 50hz or 60hz, Reclock makes it all pretty smooth still.

Is it just in my head, or does 50 hz look better than 24p with reclock?
(I dont know about 48hz, my computer wont sync at that refresh rate).
25fps looks far smoother than 24, 24 is the hard limit...anything lower and your brain isn't fooled that there is continuous movement anymore..

I know some ppl who have a 48Hz capable projector, yet still play movies at 50Hz...the difference is pretty huge smoothness-wise.

25fps looks far smoother than 24, 24 is the hard limit...anything lower and your brain isn't fooled that there is continuous movement anymore..

I know some ppl who have a 48Hz capable projector, yet still play movies at 50Hz...the difference is pretty huge smoothness-wise.

Havent tried 25hz yet. Would 25hz be identical to 50hz picture wise?

Havent tried 25hz yet. Would 25hz be identical to 50hz picture wise?
I never spoke about 25Hz ;)

but your display is prolly internally running low refresh rates X2 or X4...most Planar projectors run 24Hz at 96 internally, and so do all the Sony VPL-VW serie(and their LCD panels double it again), the more your multiply the refresh rate the more stable the image looks(cinema projectors run 24fps@48Hz, each frame is doubled w/ a black shutter in between)

Back