• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

2 Questions: secure remove license key, replace license key

karak

I have a windows 7 vhd "master" container created to roll out to all PC's at home (8 pieces) All applications and the operating system are properly licensed, to be able to set the necessary configurations. After the roll out:
  1. Can I replace the license key with another one (which I have previously purchased for the respective user)?
  2. Does the license key have to be replaced by the same type, eg: replace lifetime only with lifetime?
  3. Can I completely remove the license key again to prevent from recovery if I want to leave my "master" vhd container to someone without having to uninstall of applications. Thx.

1. Yes, just double click and it will be registered to the other user
2. No, the license key only determines the license update duration.
3. Only upon uninstallation. Anydvd will then ask you if you wish to keep or remove all license info

Thank you Ch3vr0n for your fast answer. Great to hear about the possibility to flexibly re-license.

An improvement suggestion for the development Team: a secure removal of the license key without deinstallation would be very comfortable for people like me, which does not support large companies, but support large families.

Or you could just have an (expired) trial on your VHD and then just apply the correct license key when you reinstall the OS

Excuse me Chevron perhaps the stupid question, but from where I can get an expired trial license key file to overwrite the currently used license before I leave my "master" vhd container to someone?

didn't say expired key lol :) actually you can even just install the setup in the VHD. The trial doesn't start until you request a trial key through the program, there's no such thing as a "trial key file" that can be applied. It's automated now. You could just install the VHD somewhere. Remove AnyDVD & registration, reinstall anydvd and make a new master. Since after reinstallation you didn't open anydvd then to request a trial. The trial hasn't started yet. All you do then is directly apply the right license key and you're golden.

Thank you Ch3vr0n for your fast answer. Great to hear about the possibility to flexibly re-license.

An improvement suggestion for the development Team: a secure removal of the license key without deinstallation would be very comfortable for people like me, which does not support large companies, but support large families.
You can manually delete it if you like. It is stored here (Windows Vista and up):
Code:
C:\ProgramData\RedFox\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.lic

and we forgot to say ofc, thanks for supporting the project with multiple licenses!

Thank You James und Chevron for your Support. I am no more the youngest as my avatar suggest. The times with Cracks and Warez is long over for me. I like to pay for such high Quality Software. I had 8 LTL from slysoft and I will gradually replace them with redfox LTL. I make sure that all my family members have cleanly licensed applications on their Computers.

I wish you - as a great fun of Slysoft/Redfox - the Best. (and sorry for my English)

Back