• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

2 Pioneer players one plays a blu-ray disc the other does not

antipodes

I have 2 pioneer 209 player/writer devices. I am having a problem playing the blu-ray movie "Atomic Blonde". The Pioneer players are installed in drives F and G. The problem I have is that when using PowerDVD 16 the disc will not play when using drive F but plays in drive G. I do not have this problem playing other Blu-ray discs. The problem manifests itself by way of the PowerDVD player's selection control failing to activate; I cannot select start,language. special features, subtitles et cetera. This is not a problem with my other Blu-ray discs and "Atomic Blonde" plays correctly drive G. I am enclosing log files for "Atomic Blonde" in both drives F and G and a log file for "Baby Driver" in drive F. I am not sure if this is in the right forum my apologies for any inconvenience. Also when using VLC "Atomic Blonde plays in drive F but with intermittent sound.
Please disregard this thread as for some reason the problem no longer exists. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.0.0_Info_F_ATOMIC_BLONDE.ziplog
    313 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.2.0.0_Info_F_BABY_DRIVER.ziplog
    383.9 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.2.0.0_Info_G_ATOMIC_BLONDE.ziplog
    312.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
If you exit out of AnyDVD (right click on the fox icon by the clock and choose 'exit') does the disc then play in that drive?

If it doesn't then you have a borderline disc or drive

If you exit out of AnyDVD (right click on the fox icon by the clock and choose 'exit') does the disc then play in that drive?

If it doesn't then you have a borderline disc or drive
Thanks Adbear I think the Disc is borderline because other Blu-rays play quite well in drive F do the log files show anything of significance?

They probably won't show anything as AnyDVD has done it's part in decrypting the disc which is why asked if it does the same thing with AnyDVD disabled

@James when you introduced the latest update for AnyDVD HD you solved the problem I was having in getting the Blu-ray "Atomic Blonde" to play in Drive F. Until the update "Atomic Blonde" would not play in Drive F all my other Blu-rays would play in Drive F both prior to and after the update. In addition the original Blu-ray discs including "Atomic Blonde all play in drive G; both drives are pioneer BDR209 devices. I would like your opinion on whether there is something special about the "Atomic Blonde" Blu-ray which causes this aberrant behaviour I followed Adbear's advice and the results seem to confirm his opinion that I have a failing disc or drive but as I said your latest update resolved the problem with Atomic Blonde".

Back