• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request [1682 UI annoyance] settings window is persistently on screen 1...

0x0x0x0x0

... regardless of what screen AS is running on or what screen the settings window is dragged to and closed whatever way.

How to repeat:
1. Have more than one monitor
2. Drag AS to any monitor other than #1
3. Go to File->Settings (settings window opens on screen #1 all the time)
4. Drag the settings window to a different monitor.
5. Close the settings window (whichever way: OK, Cancel, etc)
6. Go to 3 and watch the settings window appear in the middle of monitor #1 again.

Guess the screen number is not saved in the registry, only the window size. (Haven't checked if the settings window has them saved, only saw that there are values regarding the size. But that could've also been the downloadables window etc).

2 monitors here
I cannot reproduce that ... the settings window always opens on the monitor where (the bigger part of) AS is located, but yes, in the middle of the screen.

This is a windows problem...has been for a long time. DeepSpace is correct...Windows has problems remembering where things are supposed to be
when you use multiple monitors. Normally the most annoying problem is if you shut down or sleep Monitor 1, Open Windows shift to Monitor 2....and
they don't return. It's also especially prevalent if you are using multiple different connection types......HDMI and DP for example. Using all the same connections
may fix the problem without any other action.

I've never had any luck with the setting telling programs what monitor to open on either.

You can use a program like WindowManager
Code:
https://www.desksoft.com/WindowManager.htm

It will remember where things are supposed to be.
It also comes with a trial if you want to test it out.

It started happening to me since 1682, didn't observe what with earlier versions (at least I don't think I did, and I go to settings regularly)

Perhaps you were lucky...like I said...not all programs are affected....it could have easily been a change in that version. I wouldn't have noticed
with the WindowManager program running.

Back