• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion 1499 - Abysmal Down Speeds via AP

zanetti

ok. 10gb internet connection, 2.5gb NIC. updated to 1499 and now i get like maaaybe 8mb (which is what, less than 100mbit?).WTF? i get like 200mbps via VPN from AP US, this is ridiculous. i also get almost a full gigabit from usenet and the same from... cough... linux distro websites. i also have no problem with NF or D+ or HULU US/HMAX/P+ via VPN (well, no more than usual when dealing with VPN). so, in conclusion nothing was changed, same HW, same SW although i did update to 22Hx my win10, but that was last week but then i had IIRC 1497 or whatever and local AP worked just fine. im looking at an AP download and im getting 4.4mb (which is less than 50mbit). WTF? is AP throttling me?? my ISP never has throttled anything. ever. HALP. clean cache? i restared AS and PC, but to no avail. logged out of AP, logged back in, same.

yeah, am on unlimited as per usual. just tried NF. tenet. 1080p and am getting 90mb (cca 1gbit). cheers!

Last edited:
How about cross-check?
Uninstall the current and install a previous version? See if it's faster again?

Its not slow at all for me, but this is usually a throughput thing, computer related.

Its not slow at all for me, but this is usually a throughput thing, computer related.

yeah, im not sure whats going on. sure, ive experienced slow downloads with AP in so-called peak hours, but it would usually go away within an hour or so. this... this is different. it starts at around 20-30mb, but then immediately falls down to 7, then 4 and it stays there. then, when im not looking, boom... five episodes download fast(er-ish). then, all over again. i dont close AS, just switch to NF tab and boom... 90mb (which is around 1gbit, which im ok with since my tiny PC is already on the brink with all SATA ports and USB ports occupied, so theres no way im getting 2.5gbit let alone full 10gbit downloads, even if downloadin to an NVME drive). anyways, i do think it is an AP issue. will continue testing, maybe different times of day etc. cheers!

yeah, im not sure whats going on. sure, ive experienced slow downloads with AP in so-called peak hours, but it would usually go away within an hour or so. this... this is different. it starts at around 20-30mb, but then immediately falls down to 7, then 4 and it stays there. then, when im not looking, boom... five episodes download fast(er-ish). then, all over again. i dont close AS, just switch to NF tab and boom... 90mb (which is around 1gbit, which im ok with since my tiny PC is already on the brink with all SATA ports and USB ports occupied, so theres no way im getting 2.5gbit let alone full 10gbit downloads, even if downloadin to an NVME drive). anyways, i do think it is an AP issue. will continue testing, maybe different times of day etc. cheers!
99% of the time that's your internet connection being overwhelmed at peak hours.

Your description sounds like throttling to me. Not sure what would be doing that in your network but that's what your description sounds like to me. AS will do that if you are on anything outside of unlimited but I assume you are at unlimited already.

Your description sounds like throttling to me. Not sure what would be doing that in your network but that's what your description sounds like to me. AS will do that if you are on anything outside of unlimited but I assume you are at unlimited already.

yup, unlimited as per usual. never had any troubles. im worried that AP may suspect im using VPN to connect to AP US, but thats just my dumb theory. i usually connect to VPN then open AS and usually region is left as 'other', so i have to switch to 'USA', close AS, open AS and then im already logged in my AP US account, which mean cookies are saved, because if i switch back to 'other' in the same sesh, close AS, open again... im logged into my local AP. so, my dumb theory is AP got ahold of my tricks and... didnt ban me... or warn me... but punished me with throttling. hahahahah. hah. ah? anyways, will test more... cheers!

Wait so you are using a VPN? That right there could be your issue either because of a slow VPN or due to using the wrong geographic CDNs depending on how your DNS is working with your VPN. My thought there is that if your DNS requests do not go through your VPN and you are getting assigned local CDNs but you are accessing them through VPN you might be dragging traffic around the world for no reason which could give you stinky speeds.

Wait so you are using a VPN? That right there could be your issue either because of a slow VPN or due to using the wrong geographic CDNs depending on how your DNS is working with your VPN. My thought there is that if your DNS requests do not go through your VPN and you are getting assigned local CDNs but you are accessing them through VPN you might be dragging traffic around the world for no reason which could give you stinky speeds.

no. aaaand... yes. im getting abysmal dl speeds without VPN. at the same time im getting 5x dl speeds with VPN. hence the weirdness. when im not using VPN im getting 5mb (50-60mbits) dl speeds while at the same time, within same session im getting 90mb (1gbis) dl speeds from NF. when i end that session, close AS, open VPN, connect to a US server, open AP and start downloading im getting anywhere from 15-20mb (roughly 200mbits).

thats whats weird about it. 10gig connection, which is unused for like 90pct of capacity (which im ok with ATM), but am getting 50mbps from AP locally (no VPN). i was merely mentioning VPN regarding my retarded theory that AP is throttling me when im not using VPN because i use VPN to dload from AP US. lol.

thats the retarded theory. the other nonretarded theory is that something is going on on AP side and their servers are overloaded. ill test more and report back. and i only posted here because the only variable thats changed in the last two weeks is a new version of AS. and a feature update from my win10 installation, but i didnt think much of it since with older version of AS all was working well, so i dismissed that as the potential culprit. hope its a bit clearer now. cheers!

I could see your ISP POSSIBLY throttling you (although unlikely) but I doubt AP would. If anything they would just block you in my opinion.

I wonder if its the case that your geographically local AP CDNs are slow at this point in time and that might explain why through VPN they are better because you are using another countries CDN.

Just a thought.

I could see your ISP POSSIBLY throttling you (although unlikely) but I doubt AP would. If anything they would just block you in my opinion..

yeah, agreed. gave it a rest for a day or two. tried today. its around midnight, so traffic should be low AP side. started around 30MBs then fell to around 20mbs, then first episode finished. then second episode started around also 20MBs and now, 20% into it, i am back to 4MBs. at the same time im speedtesting with a server thats roughly 50 miles away, 600mbps down and 1000mbps up. check AP in AS, im up to 8MBs. while i was writing this, ep03 started at around 17MBs and its holding there for now. totally weird. was thinking probably high traffic hours around 8pm were the probable reason or something, but now i see its all over the place. weird af.

yeah, agreed. gave it a rest for a day or two. tried today. its around midnight, so traffic should be low AP side. started around 30MBs then fell to around 20mbs, then first episode finished. then second episode started around also 20MBs and now, 20% into it, i am back to 4MBs. at the same time im speedtesting with a server thats roughly 50 miles away, 600mbps down and 1000mbps up. check AP in AS, im up to 8MBs. while i was writing this, ep03 started at around 17MBs and its holding there for now. totally weird. was thinking probably high traffic hours around 8pm were the probable reason or something, but now i see its all over the place. weird af.

What happens if you go download a big file from another site? Like pulling down Win10 or Win11 from Microsoft? I would be curious if you got the same behavior. That to me would indicate something misbehaving on your local network or your ISP having issues.

What happens if you go download a big file from another site? Like pulling down Win10 or Win11 from Microsoft?

its 9am here ATM and win11 from MS downloads at 117MBs, which is over 1gbps, lol. will try AP now and then both at peak hours, in about 12hrs. anyways, no other site or download source gives me problems. linux distros, all good. usenet, all good. speedtest is finicky, i get like from www.250 up to 900mbps download depending on server (upload always and constantly above 800mbps, even if download is low which is weird, i guess)... dunno, downloading in FFOX also no problem... local NF and D+ in AP also great, NF/HMAX/P+/HULU via VPN as mentioned earlier also good (for VPN that is)... its just local AP in AS thats acting erratically. weird. cheers!

edit: yeah, im getting low 20s now on AP. jumps occasionaly to 30, then drops to 17MBs, but goes back up etc. i dont see 4MBs now. will try later during peak hours.

edit2: ok, its 7pm and am getting 20MBs now. it started around 47MBs then fell down. im satisfied with anything beyond 20MBs. will test further. but i think peak hours traffic is to blame.

Last edited:
Back