• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

spidey0704

Having problem backing up 1408, the disk just keeps recycling and not loading. It is a little over 2 hours, could this be the problem or is anyone else having a problem with this movie.

I haven't watched my backup just yet. If all goes well I will tomorrow or later today and will let you know.

Having problem backing up 1408, the disk just keeps recycling and not loading.

The original disc? Or the backup?

It is a little over 2 hours, could this be the problem or is anyone else having a problem with this movie.

No. Anydvd handles it fine.

1. What version of Anydvd are you using?

I'm going to guess you're referring to the original disc:

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

5. Anydvd can't see or detect my original dvd-video movie disc (or my drives can read cds and not dvds or vice versa). What should I do?

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

If you're referring to the backup, please answer the questions from this link fully please: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

I have the disc and have backed it up and both work fine

I have yet to watch my backup but I hope all of you that are saying backed up fine have fully watched the backup to ensure this is true? I'll try tomorrow to watch mine.

Having problem backing up 1408, the disk just keeps recycling and not loading. It is a little over 2 hours, could this be the problem or is anyone else having a problem with this movie.

Sounds like you have a Liteon drive

backed up just fine. Watched and no problems what so ever with mine. (used 6.1.7.4):agree:

The only issue I had was the first disc I had to return to Walmart because of the discoloration on it, would not fully read. Have had this happen several times when purchasing from Wally World....roll back prices mean rollback products....ahhhhhh......:(

Cheer's

Wolfy

What makes you think a Lite-On optical drive is the problem? I did that movie with a Lite-On.

Everyone has their person drive they like but liteons I wish to see die unless they are rebadged BenQ's. Just my opinion as I despise these drive as they are indeed poor quality writers.

Everyone has their person drive they like but liteons I wish to see die unless they are rebadged BenQ's. Just my opinion as I despise these drive as they are indeed poor quality writers.

Ugh. I predict a flame war incoming . . . :(

This is one reason why I don't like recommending burners.

I have owned several Lite-Ons and I have installed at least 30 over the past few years in my retail builds. I have yet to have a drive die, before it's time, or a PC come back with optical drive problems. I would a certainly like to hear your reasoning why rebadged optical drive be any better? A Lite-On is a Lite-On...... regardless of the name on the fascia plate.

Due to the fact a BenQ is 110 times a better reader than a Litey but only in my opinion as we all have our own likes and dislikes.

Due to the fact a BenQ is 110 times a better reader than a Litey but only in my opinion as we all have our own likes and dislikes.

How is it "110" times better? :confused: Or is that just your "opinion"?
A rebadged is the same drive with a different name?

Precisely............I was curious how Pelvis Popcan associated the problem to any particular brand of optical drive? :D

I have a Liteon 20A1H, and it fails reading about 10-15% of my original DVDs. It's always on dual layer discs, and when it fails, it pretty much occurs the way the original poster described... just recycles and not loads. If I leave it for long enough, the light will start blinking.

Fortunately for these discs, I have an old Panasonic DVD-RAM drive that reads them without issue.

I have a Liteon 20A1H, and it fails reading about 10-15% of my original DVDs. It's always on dual layer discs, and when it fails, it pretty much occurs the way the original poster described... just recycles and not loads. If I leave it for long enough, the light will start blinking.

That would have been a helpful addition to your original post. If the drive is still within the warranty period, get it replaced.

Back